1/4" x 11/2" 1084 HAS ARRIVED!!

A new load of 1084 just arrived last Wednesday (10670 lbs), half of which has been shipped out.

Lengths are 1/4" x 11/2" x 4 ft.

Analysis:

C .89

Mg .90

P .017

S .016

Si .27

Ni .08

Cr .13

Mo .03

Bars are available for shipping in any amount. $3.25 per lbs. to 99 lbs. / $3.00 per lbs. from 100 to 299 lbs.

I can be reached at stovetop58@yahoo.com or at 201-637-1413.

Thank you,

Aldo Bruno

I got mine yesterday. I don't think I realized just how much I was getting ^_^ Thanks Aldo.

Bob O

"When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints."

My Website

Got mine Yesterday. Guys this is good stuff!!!

Thanks Aldo!!!

Don,

Have you used any of this 1084 yet? I would like to know how it behave with a hamon? The Mg seems a bit high at .90 . If it makes a nice hamon I think I will get a couple hundre pounds of it if the shipping dosen't kill me. Where is it coming from? Thanks.

Tony G

Don,

Have you used any of this 1084 yet? I would like to know how it behave with a hamon? The Mg seems a bit high at .90 . If it makes a nice hamon I think I will get a couple hundre pounds of it if the shipping dosen't kill me. Where is it coming from? Thanks.

Tony G

Aldo's 1084 is about as good as it gets for damascus or a very good blade but not so good for an active hamon. The manganese is way too high, you want a simple carbon steel with less than .50 Mn (W2, W1, 1095 are all good). The high manganese in this 1084 will cause it to etch very dark for a really good contrast in damascus and I really like the .89 carbon, that's a bonus. I just welded up a big billet today with this 1084 and 15N20, no problems and looks good so far, will post a photo when I finish it.

PS. Aldo is shipping out of New Jersey, cost me around $70 for 200 lbs shipped to Missouri.

Edited by Don Hanson

Don Hanson lll My Webpage

• 2 weeks later...

Aldo mine looks good, the shop fairies just need to hurry up and finish my shop.

:D

Glad to hear it John. Hope you enjoy it. I've heard good things back from a few of the guys who got it. Would love to see some pieces on the Gallery.

Aldo

• 3 weeks later...

Aldo,

Mine showed up today, thanks a bunch. It looks great, I'll try some out this week.

Geoff

"The worst day smithing is better than the best day working for someone else."

I said that.

If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly.

- - -G. K. Chesterton

So, just for the record: the fact that it does work still should not be taken as definitive proof that you are not crazy.

Grant Sarver