Leather Spacers for a sheath

I have worked this knife and now I am ready to start the sheath which I was making out of leather spacers here are a few picts and please if anyones has any ideas of how I can make it where the sheaths is solid and will not break under normal use please let me know.

I am almost done with the rough design and cutting the blade design into the center of each piece of leather.

• 1 month later...

This is my first post on this forum...

And, To tell the truth, my slow dial-up connection is still downloading the photos of your work as I post this to you. So I may start to talk about things that are not connected to your question.

From what I have seen so far (as the photos appear slowly to me), You want a sheath that will go with the leather spacer idea of your knife handle correct?.

Off hand I see your problem, as I would never trust Super glue, or any form of Epoxy to hold a stack of spacers for the years and years of normal blade use we can expect .

Now I have never tried to make anything out of learher spacers, so Im not an expert in this stuff.

But "if" I were to attempt what you are attempting, I would actually try to copy the handle in the sheath more.

The handle seems to be a mix of leather spacers and layered Micarta or wood right?

Why not have a sheath thats the same way?

Some type of sheath that matches the handle with the use of both leather and the layered stuff?

But how would I do that?

I dont know for sure,

Perhaps I would make a inner sheath out of very thin Kydex, then cover that with the leather spacers and layered handle materials.

I dont think I would go with just a pure Leather spacer sheath thats cut too close to the shape of the blade, as that would mean the cutting edge is up against the leather getting dull.

Edited by Alan