Going with me to Mesa

Here's something a bit different.

I call it the Sacrificial Glaive of the Gods In Lankhmar. "Lankhmar" for short. Buffalo horn, brass, bronze and 5160. I etched and patinated the brass and bronze within an inch of their metallic lives to give it a properly eldritch and blasphemous look. Leiber and Lovecraft would be proud. I'm taking it top the knife show in Mesa, AZ this weekend, along with a slew of other new play-purties. If you're in the area, come and play. We'll have a nice, steaming cup of ichor together...

lankhmar.JPG

:unsure:

Nice one Charles! I think Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser would try and pinch that one just to spite the Gods in Lankhmar though Ningauble and Sheelba might not aprove! :D I really like your Leiber inspired pieces! I've always wanted to do a version of Cat's Claw or Heartseeker.

It's never a good idea to mess with the Gods In Lankhmar.

I did Cat's Claw several years ago, and am still looking for an inspiration for Heartseeker...probably something vaguely Norse by way of the Great Northern Sea and the Sinking Lands of Nehwon.

Fritz has been gone for eleven years, now, and I still miss the big guy and wish he could see the toys he inspired.

Excellent piece of art, it will serve the Pagan sacrificial gods good. :)

Any hearts ripped out using it?

Very cool design on this dagger, man.

it sure does look spiffy, in a wicked sort of way :)

im sure it will bring good results for you at the show too ..

... id be more enthusiastic, if i wasnt being deprived of the whole 'knife show' experience myself

^_^

have fun there.

Charles, do you ever get out to any of the shows on the west coast?

This coming year I plan on expanding in that direction. I'd like to go to the Solvang show, Blade West and maybe Oregon. The Mesa show has a special place in dark heart, since it's the first one I ever attended. The first person to stop and say "Howdy" was Vince Evans and his lovely wife. They spent half an hour at my table, chatting and giving tips and advice for a newby. That's the sort of thing that makes an impression!

Come to think of it, that's why I liked Fritz Leiber so much: he did the same sort of thing to me almost forty years ago when I first met him in St. Louis.