Brace of Hares

Am I the only human being in the universe who remembers "Zachariah", the world's first (and only) acid-rock western movie?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only human being in the universe who remembers "Zachariah", the world's first (and only) acid-rock western movie?

You probably don't mean "Zachariah" from 1971, with Don Johnson, Country Joe McDonald (of Woodstock Fish Cheer Fame), Elvin Jones (what a drum solo), Doug Kershaw, Joe Walsh & The James Gang, etc. I've been pickin' since '68 so it is a posibility I've seen it but I ain't saying for sure. :D You don't look old enough to have seen it at the drive in. There are some movies that need a BIG screen. Only shame about this movie was it was in mono. A true stereo sound track would have been a classic 8 track (yuk yuk).

Rev

You probably don't mean "Zachariah" from 1971, with Don Johnson, Country Joe McDonald (of Woodstock Fish Cheer Fame), Elvin Jones (what a drum solo), Doug Kershaw, Joe Walsh & The James Gang, etc. I've been pickin' since '68 so it is a posibility I've seen it but I ain't saying for sure. :D You don't look old enough to have seen it at the drive in. There are some movies that need a BIG screen. Only shame about this movie was it was in mono. A true stereo sound track would have been a classic 8 track (yuk yuk).

Rev

The very one! The Firesign Theatre was in it, too. And I did too see it at the drive-in! Heck, bub, I was in college...which might explain everything.... :P

The very one! The Firesign Theatre was in it, too. And I did too see it at the drive-in! Heck, bub, I was in college...which might explain everything.... :P

You have been experienced. So has Fowler. Time to search out net flicks and see if the have a copy. I'll let y'all know. I wonder if Movies can cause flashbacks? :wacko:

Rev

• 2 weeks later...

Haha. Way to go Tom! Bring us back to the beginning :P Speaking of rabbits and eating them, one fo the other blacksmiths at school told me about an event that goes on annually in down town Charleston. They cook up all sorts of animals such as boar, alligator, ostrich and tons of other stuff. It should be a lot of fun (especially if he gets us free tickets ;) ). I'm going to take a knife with me as advirtisement.

• 2 weeks later...