Fired up my Glen Moulton(legs), Indian George(burner), Don Fogg inspired vertical gas forge

I am fired up as well!! I smacked a 5/8" O-1 Drill rod for awhile even. I discovered real quick my

arms/forearms need work Thanks Glen, I.G. and Don for the help and willingness to share designs and advise with newbs!!!!!!!!!!

(I know y'all love looking at other stuff in pictures! Sorry my garage is a mess)

forge001nf4.jpg

forge002nz3.jpg

Looks good! Oh, and your garage looks like mine, only cleaner... B)

Are you gonna hook up a hose to the spare blower and use it for an air curtain on the forge door?

Looks good! Oh, and your garage looks like mine, only cleaner... B)

Are you gonna hook up a hose to the spare blower and use it for an air curtain on the forge door?

That was my plan, just couldn't wait though

I would leave as is, in them Georgian summers, I bet it would be nice to have some air on you when forging:). How tall is that thing!??!?!?

Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots

I would leave as is, in them Georgian summers, I bet it would be nice to have some air on you when forging:). How tall is that thing!??!?!?

I will put it out in the sunshine during the summer!

The openings are chest high. I do not like to bend over :D

I will shorten the legs, if it doesn't work at this heigth. I am after all absolute forging newb

I will put it out in the sunshine during the summer!

The openings are chest high. I do not like to bend over :D

I will shorten the legs, if it doesn't work at this heigth. I am after all absolute forging newb

Oh, excellent height, I HATE bending over, my forge and my anvil are higher than usual as well, Your setup looks great, can you get pictures of your anvil and tools and stuff please?

Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots

Looking good Tom. The best part about the legs are they are removable for traveling and for use as an table top forge. I have switched to using regular pipe unions to attach the legs and burner pipe.Quicker even more to take off.The union on the burner pipe allows it to be used on all the forges without a lot of fuss and eliminating having to buy too many blowers and burner parts for all the different forges.(I weld my reducer directly to the forge bodies)

Looks good. Pictures are a bit big though.

Bob O

"When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints."

My Website