Moved to California

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I have just finished moving my house and shop to Exeter, California. I will be on the staff at Sierra Forge and Fire and hope to be offering lots of bladesmithing and knifemaking classes in the future.

If you are in the area please touch base with us.

Thanks,

Don

Don Fogg

Hello Don, Glad to hear you are getting settled in a little. Hope it is a good move for you.

I finally have a picture of one of my knives in your WAY board. You kinda have to look for it. Lin Irhea put it up for me. Nice of him, huh?

Thanks for the forum and the best of luck to you in your life.

chuck Bennett

Sir

Hope you have a good time settling in. Good Luck

Dave Armour

Ah, Naptime-- The Early Childhood Teacher's Best Friend

www.armourcutlery.com

Frank Lloyd Wright once said: somebody tipped the continent of North American and everything loose in the United States made it's way to southern California.

Good living Don.

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. Will Rogers

Sir,

Best wishes for your new move. Hope to see you there sometime.

“All work is empty save when there is love, for work is love made visible.” Kahlil Gibran

"It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler

That was fast! :)

Hope it wasn't too hectic, and I'm sure you found stuff in the shop that hadn't been seen for years. Oh, wait, that's MY shop, yours was pretty clean when I saw it. ;)

The big question is, is anybody guarding the woods behind your old place? I'd go with a metal detector but the thought of meeting Jimmy with a shotgun kinda takes the fun out of it... B)

Wow,,,, I hope that its as great news for you as it is for the many students who will now have the opportunity to learn from you,,,, congratulations and good luck in your "new" endeavors,,

jm

Blade

The blade, elegant
Slicing through the sweet, warm breeze
with a precise hit.

Sam Wands (10 years old)

Gold for the merchant, silver for the maid;
Copper for the craftsman, cunning at their trade.
Good! Laughed the baron, sitting in his hall;
But steel---cold steel---shall be master of them all!

Welcome to California Don.You certainly picked a beautiful area.I live in the coastal redwoods myself.I am praying you have a hamer- in next spring or summer.Their are lots of makers in California and few hammer- ins.

Edited by McAhron

N'T McAhron Sqwaukin Vulture Verrinder

"to create is to make art"

TREMBLING EARTH KNIFE WORKS (website coming soon)

Sometimes a move is very good for the soul. I wish all the best for you Don and hope you have fun out there.

Also, the school out there really needed someone like yourself to pull things together and start running smooth.

Best regards,

Don Hanson lll My Webpage

Hmmm...you're certainly closer, now, aren't you? I still have vague memories of the Bakersfield area from the Korean War period, when my dad was stationed there. I'll have to hunt you up when I go to the Solvang show.

Welcome to the Southwest!

"I'm not anti-gun. I'm pro-knife." Molly Ivins

NT Limpin' Cat Prokopp

Thanks guys.

I am sorting out my pile trying to get organized for the upcoming class. We are planning on having regular sword and bladesmithing classes. I will also be taking over the web site so we should be posting fresh material and schedules when I get going. Call Kelly 1-559-592-2414 to get on the list for upcoming classes.

I may get a bit commercial on you with all this school promotion, but I am excited about the program and what is going on out here so bear with me.

Don

Don Fogg

Hang on to your wallet around Mikey there, and don't let him sell you any t-shirts (I've got two) :-)

Dan

Edited by dan pfanenstiel

Dan Pfanenstiel

I'm glad you got moved o.k. Don and I hope the school works out nicely. Sounds exciting and is definitely a new phase in your life and we wish you all the best! I do want you to know that you will be sorely missed here in the Southeast, not that you won't be visiting I'm sure, but you were our very own resident guru. Now you'll be our uber cyber guru! :D Ah well, our loss is the West Coast's gain! I'm glad we have the forum here, now all I have to do is plan a trip to California one day! It will be fascinating to see how new faces, the school environment, and the change of scenery affect the style of your work.

Guy Thomas

Wow I didn't even know you moved.Well I hope you like California .

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I have just finished moving my house and shop to Exeter, California. I will be on the staff at Sierra Forge and Fire and hope to be offering lots of bladesmithing and knifemaking classes in the future.

If you are in the area please touch base with us.

Thanks,

Don

Wow, What exciting news for us californians, To have Don joining us. And good news for me. The wife talked me out of going to the sword class this month.She used that old female trick called reasoning. She told me about all the bills we need to pay. She said she wouldn't tell me I couldn't go, and she wouldn't get mad, but it wouldn't be the smartest thing I've done in a while. I hate when they do that. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that they will be more sword class's. Congrats on the move, and welcome to California.

Tony