MAD Dwarf Christmas

Andy Davis

this is a sword made for my dad for Christmas. he will probably hang it at his buisiness. so hey free publisity! he'll like it though. it's made to be a Dwarven sword. the runes say "Sword of Spiceland" handle is maple, stained, and polyeurothaned (sp?) blade is "old steel" taken out of a barn. who knows what it is! oil quenched, then tempered. it appears to be pretty hard, but i think it's just the temper on it. but it will be a wall hanger anyway, so it won't see battle or anything. well Hope you Enjoy!

Merry Christmas and God Bless!

(sorry about the photo's my camera is being kinda strange lately.)

Edited by MADDwarfAndy

"Behold, I have created the Blacksmith that bloweth the coals on the fire, and brings forth an instrument for his work" Isaiah 54:16

www.MADdwarfWorkshop.com

nice done !

I like the idea ...and how you made it !

how did you engrave the runes ?

congrats ...!!!:)

Great job! I realy like it alot and would be very happy to get that as a gift.

Here are three sizes of your sword photo. Just open and then save them and then re-attach the best sized one to your post.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h151/Bre...pg?t=1165270815

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h151/Bre...pg?t=1165270840

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h151/Bre...pg?t=1165270868

Edited by B Finnigan

Everything I need to know I learned from the people trapped in my basement.

I'm out of my mind but feel free to leave a message.

HOLY CRAP! You do awesome work man, everytime I see something from you it is better than the last!

Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots

Did you try to save one of the files and then upload it? That way you will have the pic on your post.

Does anyone know why we can't copy/paste IMG tags from another server here anymore?

Sorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed (??????)

Edited by B Finnigan

Everything I need to know I learned from the people trapped in my basement.

I'm out of my mind but feel free to leave a message.

hey everyone! :) yeah I worked a bit on this one with Andy. it was allot of fun to make. Andy did all of the forging and finishing on this sword and i took care of the engraving on the blade, the way I did it was with just a simple mini dremal metal cutting tool that just ground away clean lines on the surface metal. We havnt mastered the art of engraving yet so for the time being this will do !!! ;) lol

Glad you guys like it! :D

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness,

nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend"

J.R.R. Tolkien

www.CedarloreForge.com

hey everyone! :) yeah I worked a bit on this one with Andy. it was allot of fun to make. Andy did all of the forging and finishing on this sword and i took care of the engraving on the blade, the way I did it was with just a simple mini dremal metal cutting tool that just ground away clean lines on the surface metal. We havnt mastered the art of engraving yet so for the time being this will do !!! ;) lol

Glad you guys like it! :D

I usually get the reverse effect, where I cold chisel in the designs, then forge just a teeny bit to blacken the indents with scale, then I polish the whole thing, which leaves the indented bits all dark, with shinyness all around it.

Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots

Very nice! I like the runes engraved on the blade, cool effect.

Mourir pour des idées, c'est bien beau mais lesquelles?

dimensions...

blade= 13" long X 1.7" wide.

handle= 9.5" long.

crossbar= 7.3" wide

overall= 23"

yes that is my own chainmail! just regular old butted chainmail sheet. i have a coif, and a vest out of this stuff too, then i started on another vest, but this was as far as i got. 14 guage 3/8" ID

i think thats everything!

thanks for the comments!

"Behold, I have created the Blacksmith that bloweth the coals on the fire, and brings forth an instrument for his work" Isaiah 54:16

www.MADdwarfWorkshop.com