What did you get for Christmas

I got a a really nice grinder and a propane torch :) for my knife smithing.

Edited by Andrew

I got a "portable light studio." I also got a ton of books including Master of the Forge, the book on Bill Moran. Oh, I can't forget about the crock pot that will allow me to cook many tasty meals B)

Santa brought me about 30kg of coke, some clothes and a nice jacket (stolen in the disco during the New Year's Eve... argh).

My 20-something son and daughter gave me the director's cut of "King Kong" and "March of the Penguins". They know my taste in movies! I'm still watching all the extra goodies on "Kong".

I got an Ipod from my wife and kids and a bunch of barnes and noble gift cards from family and my daycare kids. I used the cards to get a Tim McCreight book on Metalcasting, the "Fire in Antiquity, and a couple of books on travel.

Dave Armour

I got a Skill scroll saw from my father in law, a clip pocket watch made by Dakota from my wife and step daughter and some weird Japanese food in little cans that my sister in law picked up from the 100 yen store when she was in Japan along with a some new of clothing.

I got a book called something like "How much did Elvis weigh when he died?" which is full of "useless" knowledge from around the world, and a zinc bucket (cause I've burned holes in som many plastic ones). I also gave myself a Nikon D70s digital camera.

I got an air hammer and a Ron Claiborne hydraulic press. (Get to go pick up the press is a few weeks... yippee skippee! :-)

Dan

a 25kg bag of "Denscast 60 RC" ... takes 1700 degrees C ... i was wishing for a pile of coal tho :>

Blacksmiths and the like are as trange breed, we are the only people that gets happy over a lump of coal :>

I got work cloths, some work cloths and some work cloths.

Its what I wanted. lol

• 1 month later...

hhhmmm well its a bit late to be responding to this thread but i figure i will ne ways, didnt get anything cool for smithing...some money, some knitted socks from my granny couple books (not smithing related) but i my parents are working on finding a punch for my birthday so i will have a custom punch for my knives soon i hope :D im sure if i had been in Canada i woulda gotten somthing for bladesmithing but most anything that has to do with knives is heavy so....shipping to finland is kinda out of the question...oooohh and i got some speakers that i can hook up my MP3 player to...those should be good when i build my smithy....