aaaaa007.jpg

aaaaa008.jpg

aaaaa009.jpg

Some things I've been working on. First is a wrapped around ax from 1/2" x 1", next is a hammer forged from 5160, and last is another ax similar to the first that is still in progress- that picture was taken soon after I welded the bit in, 5160 as well.

that hammer look real nice and the axes are nice to. not to pull atition away from your work. what kinda anvil is thatdoes it has a plated welded to it just woundering thank and agion nice work

No problem James. I guess you are talking about the one with the horn. It was given to me a few days ago. It's an old Peter Wright that has a steel plate welded to the top of it. It's in quite poor shape, but still useable. I haven't used it yet. The other anvil is my main one. It's a Chuck Robinson anvil. About 185 pounds.

Thanks guys.

Bob, I started on a mastermyr type axe, but didn't work out. Since I had the momentum going, I made this one.

Ray, I got my own digi camera yesterday, so I'll start having more pics of stuff I been doin'. I'd have to agree with Wayne. What else would cause mushrooming on the edges.

aaaaa001.jpg

Another pic of the anvil..... This is right outside of my shop.