Jeff Pringle

Beer = better forging?

That scene still makes me laugh !!!!!..................:lol:

Death to hop grenades!  :lol:   Those are so 1994.  I'm with Joel, balance is good.  I prefer English cask ales pulled by hand, but since I'm not in England I just avoid  the overhopped overcarbonated swill that passes for craft draft in the US.  

Thing is heavy hopped beers are only truly good when dry hopped and crispy fresh, so directly at the brewery. 

It tastes how scent blocker smells to me! 

I did try a "hopy lager" (so called by the brewer) that I enjoyed quite a bit though. 

The "Balance" probably means something different to each of beer lovers :) Some guys hate too hopy, too bitter beer and some love it. Personally I love beers (ales and lagers) with hopy aromas and flavours - particulary some fruity or floral smells with accomapnying medium bitternes with not too much unfermented extract (means not too sweet).

And... about whisky, recently I got a present from a friend: Laphroaig PX (pedro ximenes cask - NAS which means and tastes young), and it is really nice till the finish, which tastes like burned "barley porridge" with charcoal between teeth :lol: Not the best feeling to me, but some people like it... I prefer basic Laphroaig 10yo.

I don't mind hops, and I have enjoyed every European beer I have had, including the wild variety of Belgian and Flemish things like lambics, faro, and geueze (sp?), which American brewer have renamed gose.  I even liked the original hop bomb, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.  Some brewers have just gotten ridiculous with it to the extent it ruins your taste buds for hours.

And it is hard to beat Laphroaig 10yr!

1 hour ago, Alan Longmire said:

And it is hard to beat Laphroaig 10yr!

Amen to that!

My pastor, of all people, turned me on to Ardbeg Uigeadail recently.  If you like Laphroaig 10, chances are you'll like Uigeadail.

It has become my favorite drink. Strong! Juicy, tasty, delicious. I prefer this over much more expensive Scotch whisky. 

Notice the child toys all around the place :lol:holidays at its best.

IMG_20190105_201356.jpg

Wow. Over here in Poland it is twices more expensive than basic Laphroaig, Glenmorangie or Highland Park :blink: The only bourbons at reasonable prices here are Jeam Beam or Wild Turkey, sometimes you can get Bulleit in ordinary markets.

Btw, Once I had an opportunity to get a bottle of Canadian Forty Creek - and it was a really nice "bourbon-like" whisky.

Loook at that fine Gato!!! 

That bourbon looks expensive :blink: 

I need to go to the alphabet store myself. It's dry as a bone over here :(

32 minutes ago, Zeb Camper said:

Loook at that fine Gato!!! 

That bourbon looks expensive :blink: 

I need to go to the alphabet store myself. It's dry as a bone over here :(

Her name is Ti Biscuit (small cookie) :lol:

Yeah, that bourbon is pricey, especially with the damn bourbon tax that's up since Trump put the steel tax. What a dumb move by Trudeau, where else can I buy bourbon from than Kentuky? Anyways, I've been wanting to buy a bottle for a couple of years and I couldn't pass it up when I saw it in stock.

Hears a plan, save all the bottle tops, forge them into damascus, then forge into a blade....... The ultimate in recycling :wacko:

10 minutes ago, Martin Tiney said:

Hears a plan, save all the bottle tops, forge them into damascus, then forge into a blade....... The ultimate in recycling :wacko:

Nice try but the top are made out of cork :lol:

1 hour ago, Joël Mercier said:

Nice try but the top are made out of cork :lol:

Handles then!

Joel Mercier. I bet it is nice bourbon. And personaly I love the guy in the background who is patiently waiting for his glass :lol: Btw. one of our cats was named Bourbon - becouse of his reddish hair.

• Haha 1

Erm..... The Cork ones are made of Cork, but the metal ones are indeed made of metal :D

Posted (edited)
On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 12:15 AM, D.whitla said:

Lol us Aussies call it paint stripper. And we are the idjits that created the horrible thing lol

IMG_4054_opt

Edited by Gary Mulkey

For Aussie beer I like Cooper's, but then all we can get in the US is Foster's, Castlemaine, and Coopers.  Sometimes the one from Perth with the black swan, too.

In 2016 we made a puck of hearth steel from about two pounds of bottle caps at Bowie's hammerin, too.  Kinda nasty, but it worked!

Posted (edited)

"Anyone caught NOT singing will have a bowl of Foster's lobbed at their heads"

Immmanuel Kant was a real pissant.....

Edited by Joshua States

...who was very rarely stable. Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar...

...who could drink you under the table!...

David Hume could out-consume...