Jeff Pringle

Beer = better forging?

I think this thread may last long enough to see this year's blackboard at Peter's Valley.

I think this thread may last long enough to see this year's blackboard at Peter's Valley.

We'll make it last!

In defense of Sam, beer is definately an aquired taste. It takes time to get used to it, espacially if you've never had a good one.

I can remember not liking beer when I was six, or so. By the time I was 15, it held more charm. Now, it's the elixir of life and a mainstay of my diet.

It tastes great, promotes a sunny disposition, and makes one witty and charming, sometimes better looking ( I need lots of that).

Maybe Sam could try a fruit beer, like Pete's Strawberry Blonde, or maybe a wheat beer with orange peel. Those beers are tasty even to people who don't like beer.

Scotch broom tops.??

I live in hop country. I've never known a poor hop farmer.

Every year, there are several cases of stolen hop plants. Hop is a close relative to marijuana. Growers graft the pot plant to the hop. It grows a lot bigger, a lot faster, with more powerful resins.

BTW, some woman from Bend won an award at the world beer cup.

I'm going to have to agree with Mr. Loose, Vermont beer for me. Course being from Vermont, might have a bit to do with it. I mostly stick with Long Trail because I can get it local and it's fairly good. If I'm feeling like something a little rarer I'll travel to pick up some Arrogant Bastard Ale, Yum. I'd like to try some Dark Lord Imperial Stout, but it's hard to get. I've been looking into brewing my own, just not got around to it just yet.

Here's something I picked up from an Irish band,

Here's to the girls that do

And here's to the girls that don't

And here's to the girls that say they will, but then they say they won't.

And here's to the girls that I like best

And I'm sure you'll think I'm right

They are the girls that say they don't, but for you I think I might.

If I'm feeling like something a little rarer I'll travel to pick up some Arrogant Bastard Ale, Yum.

Had some of that a few weekends ago. "Youre not worthy" :lol: A little thick for me, but not bad.

b=bf.jpg

So powerful is The Message that no instructor could bring themselves to erase it in over a year of classes at Peter's Valley.

Here Blacksmithing department head Dick Sargeant demonstrates the effects of Beer on his hammer-work.

B=BF. Spread The WORD.

B=BF

Now why didn't Einstein think of that! :lol:

Admittedly, B=Fe(squared) is snappier, but I can't figure out how to superscript the 2. :(

You mean like B=Fe2 ?

The html code for superscript is [ sup ] [ /sup ], with no spaces between the brackets. Tried that and it disappeared on me...

Edited by Alan Longmire

Ok, I'm going to have to have that on a tee shirt now! I'll have to have my daughter do a design through one of her CafePress shops.

SOLD!!!!! :P

light beer doesn't count, by the way :lol:

What about Guinness it is light yet so good, especially if it is poured right. not to mention how beautiful a pint of it looks.

I just tried some schlafly kolsch summer ale. Not too bad.

One of my favorites I had while I was in Nashville was BBC Stout. I went out with a co-worker after my last day of work and I forgot that it had a higher alcohol %. I got too drunk to pack like I had planned :unsure::P

Beer=Barf?

Hey Sam,

if you ever happen to be in Germany, somewhere in the area of Heidelberg or Trier, I´ll invite you to a beer tasting at my shop!

I´m pretty darn sure we´ll find something that suites your taste.

We might have to go the "Berliner Weiße mit Schuß" or the "Bananenweizen" way, but that´s allright for a beginner, I guess :D

Regards,

Christoph.

:( I want to be invited to Germany for some beer tasting. You should go Sam.

Hey, where is Sam anyway? :huh: Maybe he finally found a beer he likes and is still recovering.... :lol:

Sam's been up in MN for two weeks of training for his day job :P He didn't find a beer, but I know that he found something else at a certain bar that he liked. Can't say it was a drink though :ph34r:

I RETURN! I have not found a beer I like, but I will take you up on the offer If I am ever in Germany Christoph, maybe there is hope for me in the great land of beer itself :D .

I did however learn more than just business on my trip to Winona MN. Found out I like whiskey sours, rum+various juices, jagermeister and red bull shots, long island iced teas and some other tasty shots of different things I was too drunk to figure out what they were. While BEER still = BARF, getting pretty drunk = fun, especially on karaoke night :D. Over the two weeks I was gone was the very first (and second, and third) time I have ever gotten drunk, and I gotta say I kind of get it now hehe.

@Mike: Hey, all you gotta say is beer=barf (and maybe bring the ability to swing a sledge :lol: )...

No seriously, if any of you guys are up for a trip to Germany, I´ll put in beer, fire, steel and some sightseeing in Trier.

Beer=....bbbbbbb....CAN'T do it!!!!!!!! I can, however, swing a sledge. I would LOVE to go, but money is in short supply. If I'm ever heading your way I'll give you a call.

I recently stopped drinking beer, and will likely never again.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with gout, kinda like a toothache in the foot... and if you have it (comes and goes), beer is the most likely thing to trigger a recurrence. Had to give up pork, with the exception of bbq ribs a few times a year, and a chop now and then. Wine is allowed because the benefits outweigh the negatives... No pain since spring, 2007, about the time I gave up the beer.

I'm limited to wine and an occasional shot of whiskey, I reckon.

(raises glass)