Now tell me about the desert again...

This happened last night here in Tucson. It was still on the ground in the morning and totally demoralised drivers for hours. Miz Natasha Katonic (Cat) was torn between her desire to go outside and investigate and her perfectly understandable distaste for

VILE, COLD, WET WHITE STUFF THAT COMES OUT OF THE SKY AND MAKES LIFE MISERABLE!

Thank you, I feel ever so much better now.

PICT0251.JPG

Incidentally, that's the view across my back yard to my outdoor forge.

Charles, your citrus tree looks none too happy either! It used to occasionally snow a little bit in the winter here in North Florida but it hasn't happened in many a year. Actually here all the azaleas are blooming as well as the redbud trees and Japanese magnolias. The azaleas don't usually bloom until March and April! Of course now we are due a hard freeze later this week.

Now you get a taste of new england. Reminds me of when my dad was working in Nigeria at a hospital, and people would come in in 70 degree weather with blankets, then he would take them to the fridge and tell them it got that cold in winter, and the freezer and tell them that that was an alright day in January, and they would think he was telling a joke. :D

Global warming makes me sad, you are getting all of the snow we masachussettsians get by right! I want my snowball fights, give them back! :blink::P

It's funny, two years ago we had three consecutive blizzards, and five feet of tightly packed snow. Took three days to shovel out of our driveway. Now you get it all. Sorry about your grapefruit! :(

Edited by Archie Zietman

Just thought I'd point out that the thermometer here reads 1 degree Fahrenheit. Supposed to get colder still later tonight.

Shall I send you a box of snow to remind you of your brief encounter, Charles?

No need....having spent half my life in Illinois, I have indelible memories of snow and ice-storms.

Ms Katonic is still dubious about going back outside.