Holston Mtn. Hammwrin 2007

http://www.lonesomepineknives.com/2007_mtnhammer.htm

This years featured demonstrators will be Wally Hoffseter,Kevin Casshen,Don Fogg, Dr.Mike Blue, and Rick Furrer and Steve Schwarzer

There will also be a new brand of air hammer available for a demonstration.

This event will take place the first weekend in May, at Lonesome Pine Forge (Larry Harley's).

PLEASE pre register as I need to keep track of the participants. For more information or to register, contact LarryHarley at 423-878-5368 or by downloading registration form and sending it along with the fee of $100.

This event will be geared toward a small informal gathering . Mike Blue and Rick Furr will make steel again this year :)

Kevin Cashen, and Vince Evans ;2 of my favorite sword makers will demo some of the finer points of forgeing a sword blade.

Don Fogg will also demo that week end,along with Wally Hoffseter, who will be doing a demo on handles and furniture on japanese swords

There will be a sword cutting comptetion . Bring your sword..

I am asking all participants to bring projects you are working on and I'm also asking that you bring something that didn't quite workout or something you are having trouble with or questions about. This should facilitate the leaning experience.

We will also have an Iron in the Hat saturday. afternoon. Sunday afternoon will be a round table and a knife show so bring your knives and swords

There are several cheap no-tell motels close by.see the links:

http://bestlodging.worldres.com/

http://bristoltn.areaguides.net/

http://www.haveanicestay.com/

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/

There's been a rumor floating around that there are several pickers and players showing up.

bring something to pluck ,boom or bang

Register Here!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm there! B)

BobO, what part of "first weekend in May" didn't you get? ;):lol: That'd be the 4th, 5th, and 6th.

I missed that part somehow :rolleyes: Thanks Alan.

I wish I could make that! I had a great time last year. My cousin is getting married on the 5th so I'm going to be in Baltimore for that. It would have been cool to meet Don and everyone else that's going to be there.

I'll be out of the country for this one, darnit. Perhaps I can designate Alan with some IITH monies and see how lucky I get... perhaps the luck of absentee drawing will rub off on me.

I'll be out of the country for this one, darnit. Perhaps I can designate Alan with some IITH monies and see how lucky I get... perhaps the luck of absentee drawing will rub off on me.

Ask Larry Kemp how well that works before you commit. You've seen Wiggins keep the good stuff! :lol: Just kidding, Bill is very fair in his absentee ticket-holding. I'd be honored to do it for you, bud.

Can you arrange a black-helicopter pickup? ;) When are you heading out, anyway? Seems like you said March at one point.

I'm leaving early march - 4 weeks from now, if all goes as planned. Out for 3 months, then back in early June.

Then they force me to take a week or two of leave when I get back, which would make a great time to bomb down there for a visit / pickup of anything I might have won.

I'll miss not being at Larry's... it's always a lot of fun, and I really want to see this sword competition. Take lots of pics, guys. The only upshot of being gone, is that I may have access to a pretty well stocked machine shop, so I might get some work in on folders while I'm there.

I'm leaving early march - 4 weeks from now, if all goes as planned. Out for 3 months, then back in early June.

Then they force me to take a week or two of leave when I get back, which would make a great time to bomb down there for a visit / pickup of anything I might have won.

I'll miss not being at Larry's... it's always a lot of fun, and I really want to see this sword competition. Take lots of pics, guys. The only upshot of being gone, is that I may have access to a pretty well stocked machine shop, so I might get some work in on folders while I'm there.

u will be missed

harley

What a dilema! Im in Louisville, KY and the first weekend in may is the Kentucky Derby! Seeing as how Ive been to the Derby about a dozen and a half times I guess I could miss one. Im in.

Larry

Chris,

You can come here when you return. I could use some storytelling.

Ric

I'd like that, Ric.

Where's Wisconsin, again? :P

For you Chris,

West on hwy 80 and then North after the three hour traffic jam that is Chicago.

Ric

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Mr. Harley,

Is there still space for me to join in the festivities? I've just managed to confirm that I can afford to spare the time... I hope I'm not too late!

if there wasnt id make room:)

we will be looking fordward to seeing u then

harley

Hey Mr. Harley,

Is there still space for me to join in the festivities? I've just managed to confirm that I can afford to spare the time... I hope I'm not too late!

mr harley was my grandad:)

i,m just plane ol harley

harley

if there wasnt id make room:)

we will be looking fordward to seeing u then

harley

mr harley was my grandad:)

i,m just plane ol harley

harley

Excellent! My check was mailed out to you on Friday, so it will likely be in your hands by now!

THANK YOU!

PS- I'll work on the whole "Mr." thing, but it was beaten in to me properly at a young age, so please bear with me. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

notebook paper suspended from light weight string can be EXTREMELY annoying to cut.

Rolled up straw mats are kind of traditional

cardboard tubes can work but have a chance of scratching blade finishes

watermelon's and cucumbers are cool but don't really show that much skill (they tend to "look" impressively cut but actually just break)

free hanging Paracord will drive ppl nuts

free hanging cloth strips (silk and satin are the most fun)

ohhhh, and I am planning to bring a sword... (really wakazashi but whatever)

Hello All,

Mike Blue can not attend this year and has passed the torch to me to run the smelter. I am not sure at this point if I can armbar Randal into coming down with me or not (he being bigger and stronger than I....I may just try talking or taunting).

I have corresponded with vince Eavns as well and he can not make it this time round either.......if any of you have not seen Vince's work to should seek it out.

Both send the usual Harley condolensce cheer.....PTHTHTHHSSSST .....and words to the effect of "sorry I can't make it."

I am looking forward to the event and have some interesting info to share from my travels around India....well, its interesting to me anyway. :rolleyes:

Ric