Holston Mtn. Hammwrin 2007

did you say trout fishery? so I should be bringing the flyrod then? <GRIN> (stupid ohio has no trout to speak of..... woe is me)

Adlai and I are leaving in the am, and being with him ni a car for that many hours, I'll need a half-dozen cold ones when I get there... LOLl

Dan

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone getting together Thursday evening for anything? I don't expect to get into town until 8ish, but my guess is that even after 10 hrs in the car I'll be a bit squirrelly!

I intend to arrive before dark on Thursday, pitch my tent, and chill. Maybe find a nice hammock spot if it's not raining. Talk to Ric about the furnace. Stand in awe in a place so magical I dare not go more than once a year, lest my head explode.

If you guys hear a howl of anguish from far south of you Saturday night you'll know it's us Deep South boys lamenting the fact we aren't there. I'll hoist a few beers for you and maybe pour a libation to the spirits for favorable conditions to come next year. May the forge gods smile on your hammer-in!

Thanks Larry for a great weekend!

we had a great time despite the weather, I met a lot of new friends and learned more than my head can hold!

Hope everyone makes it home safely!

Randy

I agree with Randy, Thanks to Larry for the hospitality. I would also like to thank Don Fogg and Alan Longmire for the forging lessons. Finally, thanks to everyone for making the whole weekend a welcoming experience for me and my fiance Gerilynn! Fun was had by all!

Larry Sharp