WOOTZBLADES IN PROCESS

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That must have been fun to forge, you did a great job!

Nice topography on the etch, too - did you do many etch cycles or just one?

I am also curious about the wootz, what's the alloy, and was it supplied for the comission or did you make it?

Looking forward to the sabre,

;)

Hi all,

thanks for your positiv coments. :D

Here is the forged sabberblade, I forged it verry close to shape. In the next days i will make the grinding and I hope the pattern will come out nice.

The blade is 86cm long and 4,5cm wide and will be 4cm after grinding at the widest section.

The weigth in the moment is 900 grammI think it will be 600 gramm when it is finished.

IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

Edited by Ulrich Hennicke

Hi all,

thanks for your positiv coments. :D

Here is the forged sabberblade, I forged it verry close to shape. In the next days i will make the grinding and I hope the pattern will come out nice.

The blade is 86cm long and 4,5cm wide and will be 4cm after grinding at the widest section.

The weigth in the moment is 900 grammI think it will be 600 gramm when it is finished.

Hey Ulrich....great work!

Do you ever have any bladesmith gatherings in Germany....I must get out there and meet you sometime!

Uli, Holy Cow!!!!

That is terrific stuff, can you relate the blade composition, or is that secret? Once again, masterful!!

Thomas Driscoll

Hi Uli

Awesome Work

First the Black Uljake project and now this,

I gues there are no Limits in Bladesmithing for you ;-)

Great stuff and I like to see the Saber Blade finished up and all together with Fittings.

Greets from Westwood

Ok, it was a hard way to this point.

The blade is in the finishing process and had two atching terms in ferrum 3 chlorid, so the pattern will come out better when I am finished with all.

Till this stadium I worked with stones to 800 grit and sandpaper.

The blade is thin, flexible and tough. About 550 gramm, the length is 860mm plus handle.

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

Uli that is sure going to be a fine looking sword when it is done the pattern is very impressive.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap!!!!!! that is incredible Uli! I bet that is a FAST blade! the lines are so close it's really amazing.

the steel sure turned out nice. I like how the pattern gets denser towards the tip, there are some really neat little firesnakes in the pattern too.

Bravo!!!! :D:D

Positively awe-inspiring!

It's unfortunate that you won't be the one to complete the work, however... blades such as these-- that obviously speak so much of the bladesmith's heart and soul-- should be finished by a true artisan such as yourself!

Amazing work!

Thanks for the pics Uli! Awesome blade the steel and craftsmanship are incredible!

Bob

stunning, amazing blade! I'm really speechless... It would be a pleasure to handle it.