stars & stripes folder

Dick Sexstone

Many years ago I got my ABANA mag in the mail..

in it was Daryl Meier's flag blade....... I was just floored.......HOW DID HE DO THAT?......... and it was so cool........ I drew alot of inspiration from that........ and have gone back to that article time and again and as I got more involed with damascus it became even more inspirational.......

so here is my Flag knife....... I'm in no way placing myself on Daryl's level or comparing my blade to his....... other than I got my inspiration from him..

handle is pure iron backgound with pure iron & 203E stars with a 203E boarder around the outside of the handle. blade is 0-1&15n20........ back is carved & engraved as an olive branch with an olive at the end of the branch....... the closed blade forms the shaft of two arrows when it is closed 5 1/2 inches long ... it is a lockback

THANKS Daryl

That is absolutely amazing Richard! You did a fantastic job with everything. I really like the carving you did, I haven't seen anything like it before.

Bob O

"When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints."

My Website

well you know what...im canadian and i still think thats really cool! nice work, i think i saw the blade that inspired you and i actualy e-mailed Daryl and he pointed me here for info...awesome blade its really a great piece of work

formerly youngbuck...i now have a name!

Thanks Daryl........

that means alot coming from you.......

to answer your question I made some dies that work like a paper punch....... I weld a piece of whatever .050" thick on to the the back ground and the press it . then grind off the top layer and what has been pressed into the back ground is left behind....... I included some photos so show.....one is of a differant version of the same patern.........

I guess you could call it half mosaic....... or fake mosaic....... or neo mosaic.........or pseudo mosaic

or dick's mosaic.......

and thanks everyone again for the nice words