Finished Cable Knife

Well i thought about the fixtures for this knife for a bit and i have had this antler that was shot dead center and did not shear so i decided to go ahead and use it for this blade.

Cable damascus blade 6 3/4" to the guard which is wrought iron crown whitetale handle o.a.l. is 11 1/2".

Thanks for looking and your comments.

Bob

Dead_Center_3.JPG

Dead_Center_2.JPG

Dead_Center_4.JPG

Dead_Center_1.JPG

Dead_Center.JPG

Very cool, quite interesting handle.

I didn't quite know what you meant shot dead center and did not shear until I got to the last pictures and was thinking OH! it was shot! haha.

Probably not all that common, so gives the handle a bit of an interesting tale.

Beau Erwin

www.ErwinKnives.com

Custom knives

Bcarta Composites

Stabilized Woods

Looks good Bob! That's an amazing piece of antler.

Bob O

"When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints."

My Website

Cool RObert, very one-of-a-kind!

Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots

The pattern came out really well. I'd be happy to care one like it on the hunt. :)

-----------------------------

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." - Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)

Thanks for the comments. I'm sure that it's not for everyone but it certainly is a one of a kind and it actualy feels good in the hand, the balance is just behind the guard.

Bob

This is what i came up with for a sheath it is my first go at an inlaid sheath. Made from 8-9 oz. veg tan leather dyed dark brown with a diamondback rattlesnake skin inlay. Thanks for looking.

Bob

Dead_Center5.JPG

Dead_Center_6.JPG

You shoot that boy twice? Was it a shed? Really interesting. as already said a real one of a kind.

You did the antler proud

Tom i picked the rack up at a flea market for a few dollars and did not even see the hole for a few months until i was looking for a handle. It had some skull plate attached to it so i guess the second shot was a little lower. Over the years i have seen a lot of shot off antlers but never a shot through.

Bob

How big is that hole?? Like what kind of gun did it come from? .30 cal maybe? It doesn't look too small. Still, that's a sweet knife.

Thanks for the comment, i would say it is close to a .30 cal the hole where the bullet went in is a little over 1/4".

Bob