Little Bird Folder

Bob Ouellette

This is a little folder I just finished up. It has a 2 3/4" long blade and is 6 5/8" long when open and 6 1/8" long when closed. The handle is 3 pieces of copper plate riveted together with copper wire. It has a 4th copper pin to limit the movement of the blade. One side has a little bird chased into the surface and the other side has my maker's mark stamped into it.

I now have a new respect for the people that make folding knives.

100_1137.jpg

100_1136.jpg

100_1133.jpg

100_1134.jpg

Bob O

"When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints."

My Website

Very nice Bob; I will make a similar one, but with a shorter "tail". Nice scyte(sp?) too.

Mourir pour des idées, c'est bien beau mais lesquelles?

I like your folders very much, Bob !

I would try to make one too....may I ?

I like your folders very much, Bob !

I would try to make one too....may I ?

Jacques, please do make one! I am not the person who came up with the idea for this type of knife, I only take the idea and put my own little twist on it B) I am thinking of using some reposé techniques to decorate the copper.

Scot, that is a drawing I did that will be going into a game book. In return for the drawings, they will put my information about my knives in there B)

Bob O

"When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints."

My Website

Jacques, please do make one! I am not the person who came up with the idea for this type of knife, I only take the idea and put my own little twist on it B) I am thinking of using some reposé techniques to decorate the copper.

Scot, that is a drawing I did that will be going into a game book. In return for the drawings, they will put my information about my knives in there B)

nice knife bob. i was just thinking -you could easily turn that design into a simple liner-lock if you ground a 10 degree angle on the heel of your blade, align it with the pivot pin, scribe a line and cut it out with a jewellers saw - im sure you could work harden the copper into a fairly effective spring. just a thought.

Jake Cleland - Skye Knives

www.knifemaker.co.uk

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

Albert Einstein

Thanks Jake! I'll be sure to keep that in mind, though I'm trying to get a hang of this precision hole drilling thing... what a PITA! Really makes you appreciate the work that guys do on these type things.

Bob O

My Website