Scavanger KITH

Adlai Stein

Nice man, you'll get the sheath making bug, just try doing one, it catches like wildfire and is quite fun.

Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots

Sam , I don't know about that I freaken hate making sheaths but it's a necessity for selling knives.

Bladesmith’s Forum

1. Chuck Bussey

2. Sam Salvati

3. Jared T.

4. Dan Chapman

5. DJ Pratt

6. DaveArmour

7. Sharpenstein

8. Steve Linthorne

9. Brice

10. Jens Butler

11. Donnie

Primal Fires

12. Macabee - Adlai Stein

13. Traxxs – Mike P.

14. Tyler Murch

Outpost

15. MetalBender

16. Matt22191

17. Todd Hill

18. Tony Graves

19. Mungo Park

20. Boo

21. Cory Owens

22. NuViking

23. Don Halter

24. Gary Blessing – Ice Tiger

Adlai

Klatu Baratta Necktie!

Macabee Knives

Hehe, law of averages says it has to happen sooner or later hehehehe :rolleyes: . Adlai, are the pairs gonna be picked differently from each forum or cross over?

Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots

Okay, its finished! Enjoy these pictures of my finshed entry. Im calling this knife "amalgam" since it draws it inspiration from many different sources, some more obvious than others. Steel is leaf spring with hammered texture. Handle wrap and wrap on the sheath are boot laces. The sheath is made from an old leather belt/safety harness. Overall length is 8.25" with a cutting edge of 4.5". I think I have about 8 to 10 hours in this one not including vinegar soaks and tempering. Not bad for 90% hand tools.

Larry

KITHFIN_001_copy.jpg

KITHFIN_004_copy.jpg

KITHFIN_009_copy.jpg

KITHFIN_011_copy.jpg

When the world ends, I want to be in Kentucky because they are 25 years behind everybody else. Mark Twain

My Webpage

After looking at this for a day now I realize that the sheath needs help. Im going to put a rare earth magnet in it to help it hold the blade better. Hey do I get a prize for being the first one to finished?

Larry

When the world ends, I want to be in Kentucky because they are 25 years behind everybody else. Mark Twain

My Webpage

After looking at this for a day now I realize that the sheath needs help. Im going to put a rare earth magnet in it to help it hold the blade better. Hey do I get a prize for being the first one to finished?

Larry

You get the prize of every entry wishing to get your name drawn:). Looking great, especially for 90% hand tools, congrats. Rare earth magnet would be AWESOME!

• 4 weeks later...

How is everybody doing on their knives so far? Im anxious to see what you guys are doing.

Larry Sharp

My Webpage

• 3 weeks later...

Mine is letting the handle cure, then it is just sharpening and making a sheath. I'll have a pic in the next couple of days.

Dave Armour

Ah, Naptime-- The Early Childhood Teacher's Best Friend

www.armourcutlery.com

Bladesmith’s Forum

1. Chuck Bussey

2. Sam Salvati

3. Jared T.

4. Dan Chapman

5. DJ Pratt

6. DaveArmour

7. Larry Sharp

8. Steve Linthorne

9. Brice

10. Jens Butler

11. Donnie

Primal Fires

12. Macabee - Adlai Stein

13. Traxxs – Mike P.

14. Tyler Murch

15. Kenneth Cornett

Outpost

16. MetalBender

17. Matt22191

18. Todd Hill

19. Tony Graves

20. Mungo Park

21. Boo

22. Cory Owens

23. NuViking

24. Don Halter

25. Gary Blessing – Ice Tiger

Adlai

Klatu Baratta Necktie!

Macabee Knives

Dang I got to get started!

I finished mine up today

kith_1.jpg

Blade has a 4" cutting edge and the knife is 10 1/2 inches overall. Blade is forged from what is left from a bowie (destroyed in testing a year or so ago) I forged from an old saw blade that I think was one of the 10XX steels. Guard is from an old bolt found on my Granddad's farm years ago. The handle is mulberry salvaged from a scrapped headboard. The pin is a nail. I had a lot of fun making this one- I'll have to rethink the amount of handwork I do with my knives.

Dave Armour

Ah, Naptime-- The Early Childhood Teacher's Best Friend

www.armourcutlery.com

I will also have to look again at how I approach hand work, especially hammering/filing. I am submitting an integral fighter drawn loosely from the traditions of the Spanish smiths in the Southwestern US. It is called a Belduque, and I will try to get some pics posted before the drawing. Right now, I still have to finish the polish and the sharpening, pin the scales, and build a sheath. I hope that it serves its new friend well.

Cheers, Brice

Show me a blacksmith making a toilet, and I will show you a man forging ahead.

I must withdraw my name from the KITH. I do not feel the finish work of my entry piece is what it should be. It would not be fair to it's recipient.

Here we go guys the names are drawn and the knives should be ready for trading. Please contact the person on the lsit below your name to send them your work. The last person on the list should contact the first person. Give everyone a week to respond before sending your blade out so I can try and catch any glitches that might occur.

Let the trading begin.

1) DaveArmour

2) Tyler Murch

3) Mungo Park

4) Chuck Bussey

5) Brice

6) MetalBender

7) Cory Owens

8) Jared T.

9) Traxxs – Mike P.

10) Macabee - Adlai Stein

11) Larry Sharp

12) Matt22191

13) Boo

14) Kenneth Cornett

15) Sam Salvati

16) Dan Chapman

17) NuViking

18) Don Halter

19) Jens Butler

20) Todd Hill

Thanks to everyone who participated. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.

Please contact me if there are any problems and I'll try and get them worked out.

Edited by Adlai Stein

Adlai

Klatu Baratta Necktie!

Macabee Knives