I would like to publicly apologize to two members of this community.

I have owed both Jared T and Boo a knife for months now. The last year has been very rough on me, and their finished knives sat in my shop gathering dust along with all of the other pieces of my life that I have had to set aside. A man is only as good as his word. I want you both to know that I have always had every intention of keeping that word, and I’m sorry it took me so long to get around to it. I really appreciate the patience both of you have shown me

Boo -- I have sent you my entry to the SITH as well as the seax I received from Charles. I hope there aren’t any hard feelings.

Jared T -- I would send you both knives as well but I never received a knife during the spring fling kith. Instead I sent my entry along with a nice leather case to store the knife and chopsticks in. Thank you for being so incredibly patient.

I have sent PMs to the both of you with tracking numbers. This is my first post in a long time, and as solemn as it is, I am still very happy to be back online. I have a new forge in the works, spring is finally here, and I look forward to seeing everyone around.

--adam

Good to hear from you again, Adam. Hope my Beowulf helps smooth out any ruffled feathers.

Well hello there, Charles. I have no doubt that Beowulf is capable of smoothing feathers. I get into KITHs for the sake of trying something new and getting to know the work of others. I rarely keep a knife forever, and someone else should get the chance to play with it for a spell. Of all the knives that have passed through my collection, that was one of the hardest to see go. Hopefully it will feel the hands of a few more neophytes before it settles into a permanent home.

I think that's one of the reasons we all get into the business of working with something as long-lasting as steel. Just the certain knowledge that something from our hands will be delighting persons unknown centuries from now gives me a thrill.

Hope things are going well for you, Adam. You take care, now.