Sign in to follow this  
hickstick

Swap 15n20 or L6 for some O1

recently got a little lucky and found stash of precision ground O1 most of it still in wrappers.

wanting to try my hand at a little patternwelding and some suggested 15n20 or L6 would look good welded up with it....does anyone have any L6 or 15n20 they would like to swap for some O1 ?

heres a couple pics of the O1 I got...

haul # 1:

O1haul.jpg

haul # 2:

secondhaulc.jpg

I have some slices of L6 sawblade, about 1 1/2 to 2 inches wide, about a little more than a foot long, as well as 2 12 or 13 or 14 inch round L6 disc sawblades I could trade? That is a nice "stash" of O1;).

Edited by Sam Salvati

It makes me sad, because in my college weld shop they have 3" round stock, about 8 feet high of O-1 and W-2, its been there for about 20 years and they refuse to let me have any (Crying his eyes out in the corner).

But hell, I get all of there broken bandsaw blades they cant repair.

Kind or random, but if I get a hold of any, I'll let you know.

sam...are you sure theyre L6?

no problems with mystery steel...but since this is marked (still in wrapper) O1 was hoping to get some known steel for it.....will let you know...ok

sam...are you sure theyre L6?

no problems with mystery steel...but since this is marked (still in wrapper) O1 was hoping to get some known steel for it.....will let you know...ok

I understand where you are coming from. I am not sure what the big disc blades are, but the sawblade slices are definately L6.

If you are also interested, I have some flat bar wrought iron? WHy bother with anchor chain, when you can get some wrought iron in flat bar form already! It is parts from an old wagon, 1/16th this 2 inches wide, and some more 1/4 and more 1 inch wide, and some other odds and ends too, if you are intertested I could take some pictures of all the bits and stuff. Looks like really good stuff, breaks with a nice even fibrous look.