Knife Cases, Low Temp Heat Treating Salts,Vermiculite, and Forges!

Just wanted to get the word out about some new items we've added to the website. I've just recently updated the web pages with Low Temperature Heat Treating Salts, good quality Knife Cases, and Vermiculite. Also, we're working hard on getting our line of forges caught up to the point where they will be in-stock items at all times...I've got a run of the Ellis 8-HT Forges in that I need to get pictures of and up on the site...they will be up there by the weekend. All of the other models will be available soon, within the next 2 - 3 weeks, so if you're in need of a new forge, it's a good time to get an order in...just shoot me an email with the model, to get added to the list....no payment due until it's ready to go. I'm really pleased with some of the improvements that we've made to the newest line of forges, and I think they are going to be very well received!

Also, we've got some other items in but haven't had time to get them up on the site yet. They include propane rated quick disconnects (very handy to have!), propane tank manifold kits (allows you to manifold two tanks together), two burner connection kits, and idle-bypass kits (a great way to save on fuel!). We can add any of these items to an order, just send us an email!

:)

http://Refractory.EllisCustomKnifeworks.com

-Darren & Kathryn Ellis

Hey, you two!

You are THE one-stop shop for all of these supplies! The amount of products that you two have added to your list in just the last year alone is incredible... and, needless to say, the wealth of information you provide for a given product is unparalleled.

Ellis Custom Knifeworks has become a tremendous asset to the knifemaking community as a whole, and I figured I'd say this out loud.

Now Darren, don't beat me up for this, as someone very close to you told me to keep hammering you on this, but the Forge Gallery is in desperate need of a facelift. (Okay Kath, you promised to keep him from stomping me now!)

The Park's #50 quench oil works so much better than my last oil (for 1095, 1084, and W2) it's almost embarrassing to think I thought I was hardening my previous blades! THANK YOU for being the source for this stuff! I'd still be in the dark without you!

Hope all is well with you and yours!

Hey, you two!

You are THE one-stop shop for all of these supplies! The amount of products that you two have added to your list in just the last year alone is incredible... and, needless to say, the wealth of information you provide for a given product is unparalleled.

Ellis Custom Knifeworks has become a tremendous asset to the knifemaking community as a whole, and I figured I'd say this out loud.

Now Darren, don't beat me up for this, as someone very close to you told me to keep hammering you on this, but the Forge Gallery is in desperate need of a facelift. (Okay Kath, you promised to keep him from stomping me now!)

The Park's #50 quench oil works so much better than my last oil (for 1095, 1084, and W2) it's almost embarrassing to think I thought I was hardening my previous blades! THANK YOU for being the source for this stuff! I'd still be in the dark without you!

Hope all is well with you and yours!

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the great feedback, I really appreciate it! We're trying to expand our offerings to include the things all of us into forging and in-shop heat treating need without crossing over into what all of the other knifemaking suppliers are offering as much as possible. I still appreciate your gentle nudges into the direction for carrying the quench oils, they have gone over well. The heat treating salts have too. In fact, I've completely sold out of my first run of PID controlled high temp salt pot systems and have already been taking orders on the second batch. (once this first batch is finished...I've made some improvements to them that has taken a little extra time due to backordered parts)...there are a lot of people out there who are serious about their heat treating process! :) That's a good thing and it's a good feeling to know I can help contribute in some small way to a better product for them.

As usual, you're absolutely right about the forge Gallery pages. I almost feel like I have let people down by not being able to keep up with them like I want to. Just know they are in process. It's the part of converting them over into the new web page format that has taken some time, once that is done, new updates will be easier....plus, my time has been consumed with doing the things necessary to earn money to stay afloat with the business....the show/hammer-in season started and all...but things are slowing down a little until Fall gets here so I'll have time to make a big push in the direction of the Forge Gallery pages....I really want to get them up to date as I've gotten a lot of great forge submissions that really need to be up there for the new guys into forge building to see! :)

BTW, Matt, it was great to have the opportunity to meet you in person at Harley's Hammer-in! Hopefully the next time we meet I won't be in such a sleep deprived state! If you ever get down this way, you need to stop by for a visit for some forging and beer and coffee! :)

-Darren

Edited by Darren Ellis

Hopefully the next time we meet I won't be in such a sleep deprived state!

-Darren

When you find that state, please make sure and call me to explain how to get there! :D

The thanks should all be coming from my side, btw... you (and Kathryn) have helped me with my knifemaking more than you'll likely ever know, so be sure that the first beer (or "Blacksmith's Blend" coffee!) will definitely be on me!