Special Hammer

This hammer I special made for an order from fellow forumite Matt Gregory. It is just under three pounds, it is forged from 4150 hardened and tempered, it has my touchmark, and, by Matt's request, I also stamped "NABS" into the hammer (NoAssBlacksmithsSociety). It was good to make this hammer, it's different from my usuals. This one of course is sold, but I will make more by request.

t

Edited by Murch

Ty, Does that hammer know any other tricks besides standing on its head? You got any pictures of it from the side? Looks like a goodone!

ROFLMAO. The other pic I took of it turned out a little blurry. I will get one later for ya.

Sweet! Can't wait!

The check left on it's way to you yesterday, Ty... make sure you tell me when you've gotten it!

... where do you think all the rest of the skinny smiths are hiding? Haven't heard a peep out of anyone about NABS but you and I! Think this might be a topic that would best be started in Fiery Beards, or maybe even The Way?

Ty, Have you tried using it? I got into making a few hammers in hopes of making the perfect one for bladesmithing. Some worked better than others but it still depends on how well you can use it. Perfect hammer now is the one I find first.

Well, I prefer a hammer that is equal weight on both sides, face close to eye, short handle. Like this one.

I also use many of the techniques that Uri Hofi promotes, especially the grip.

Edited by Murch

Sweet! Can't wait!

The check left on it's way to you yesterday, Ty... make sure you tell me when you've gotten it!

... where do you think all the rest of the skinny smiths are hiding? Haven't heard a peep out of anyone about NABS but you and I! Think this might be a topic that would best be started in Fiery Beards, or maybe even The Way?

Yes, start a recruitment thread over there. I think you would do a better job at that than me. BTW folks, the NABS is the no ass blacksmith's society. :blink: To be a member, you must be a stringbean smith. ;)