Official NABS Member thread

Okay folks, Ty Murch and I are trying to get a new organization on the Fogg forums off the ground, and it's all about being...

...well...

...weight and height disproportionate, I guess.

This is an unofficial, totally meaningless, hopefully hysterical group of Bladesmiths that are all over 6 feet tall, but under 160 pounds.

The name we came up with is:

No Ass Bladesmith's Society

or

NABS

for short.

To my knowledge, there won't be any dues, any meetings, any rules... really, there won't be anything other than a really catchy name with a good acronym.

And almost no body fat.

Or bulging muscles.

...likely just feet that look more light outriggers, and arms that look like they could do double-duty as pipecleaners.

...so who's with us?

Make yourselves known, my lanky brothers and sisters!

im under the 160 ..

but .. over 6 foot tall???

flipping 'eck .. im tall for a girl.. but im not that tall ..

:blink:

isnt there like a NABS for girls division?

maybe a splinter guild ... "The 'I'm even too weenie to even make it as a member of NABS' guild".

^_^

Raymond, swing from a tree branch and fast for a week. :)

Hi Dee, yes, consider yourself a NABS member and leader of the girl's division.

Power to the lanky people!!!

Edited by Ty Murch

The last time I was anywher near 160lbs. was 7 years ago. I was in the gym about 5 or 6 days a week and doing ballroom dancing almost every night. I never did manage fit six meals a day into my schedule. Yes you can lose wieght by eating more. I was a nice and fit 185. I have dropped 10lbs in two hours before, but that's not good. Maybe you could have mabs. You know moderate ass blacksmiths or babs, well you get the idea :D

I'm one of those guys that told the truth on his license and gave my real height, and then I grow an inch, 5,11" barefoot.

Hi Dee, yes, consider yourself a NABS member since you are tall for a girl and a "splinter".

Power to the lanky people!!!

thank gawd for that .. :)

cause im already 5'9" / 5'10" ...and already stick out like a sore thumb ...

in fact this morning i dropped my partner off at her work and met her boss and she said "hmm .. i never noticed you were so dang tall"

ugh ... :wacko:

so i couldnt imagine being taller still ... even if its only a couple more inches ...

me thinks i have to make it to a knife show or two in the states one day ... just to prove my lanky tallness :)

Well, let's see... I guess I'm a medium-assed blacksmith at 6'0/200 lbs. :unsure:

However, in this picture of Matt with Rick Barrett at Harley's this spring, note some evidence of an ass lurking behind Matt... ;)

Matt_G._and_Rick_Barrett.jpg

Hey Alan I'm 6" 200 lbs also.

Well it fluctuates between 190 and 200.

I could afford to lose a few around the midsection though.

=P Most I've ever weighed, but then again I think this is the most muscle I've ever had as well.

Well, let's see... I guess I'm a medium-assed blacksmith at 6'0/200 lbs. :unsure:

However, in this picture of Matt with Rick Barrett at Harley's this spring, note some evidence of an ass lurking behind Matt... ;)

Matt_G._and_Rick_Barrett.jpg

Actually I'm absorbing some of Rick's ass through airborne osmosis in this picture... he told me to keep it, but it really seemed attached to him. :P

We all know that in the real world, for a group to be officially established, its name must be stamped into a hand wrought hammer head. So yep, NABS is official. :)

Edited by Murch

Just? What do you mean just? :unsure:

I'm almost 6 feet, and 11 stone, whatever that works out as in pounds. I do know that it's 70 kilos, tho.

Can i still join :huh:

I'm almost 6 feet, and 11 stone, whatever that works out as in pounds. I do know that it's 70 kilos, tho.

Can i still join :huh:

Oh yeah, I just didn't know what you meant by just. :)

Welcome aboard. :lol:

though ... i must admit to never forging out my own hammer ..

hmm .. so i guess that makes me an apprentice in this society then, huh? :)

'An unforged hammer' ... kind of a poetic sounding way of saying apprentice, dont you think?

^_^

though ... i must admit to never forging out my own hammer ..

hmm .. so i guess that makes me an apprentice in this society then, huh? :)

'An unforged hammer' ... kind of a poetic sounding way of saying apprentice, dont you think?

^_^

I assure you, Dee... I'm the only apprentice in this crowd! I've seen some of your work from previous posts, and I'll likely never possess the level of skill you exhibit!

Now that I think of it, 'apprentice' is too polite a term for me... 'talentless hack' is far closer to the truth, I think. :blink::D

...you're right, though - 'an unforged hammer' sounds like a phrase that Blake or Shelley might have used.

Im 6 foot five and 280.Guess i'll have to join the Fat Ass Blacksmith Society. :D

FABS!

That's excellent! I know a couple guys that would qualify...

Matt, ill wager you are mistaking me for someone else :P

though flattery will buy you the world ^_^

besides, we shall see what kind of work you will produce with the enchanted NABS hammer...

besides, we shall see what kind of work you will produce with the enchanted NABS hammer...

I never did get a real good pic of the NABS part of the hammer. Although, this is the one.

tt025-4.jpg

Maybe Matt will get a good one of it. But only of course after it's collected some character as we call it.

I fail on both counts. 5'10", 220lbs. FABS here I come!

Larry Sharp

I received the first-ever NABS forged hammer from Mr. Ty Murch last night. It's awesome! The weighting being forward drastically changes how it feels and swings! I can't wait to get it to move some metal... hopefully later this week.

I'll try and get pictures of it, so that everyone can enjoy it. Maybe I'll have it hanging out of my back pocket, so the absence of flesh can be perceived by all, and all who may wish to can understand the power of NABS!

Thanks Tyler! I'll post after I've swung it a while!

• 1 year later...