Official NABS Member thread

Tally up one more member fellas, as you can kind of see in my profile I should fit right in! :lol:

A hair over 6" and only 140lbs.! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Although I still look the part, I'm finally (at the age of 37) having metabolic shifts - I weigh 167 pounds, and I've started a workout program to whip me into shape, as the mass I've put on is just "dumpy-middle-aged-guy weight". Not sure if the weight will ever be back to where it was (truth be told, I think it was unhealthy - I was at 148 pounds about 18 months ago).

Regardless, 90 days from no, whatever weight I have will be hard, lean muscle - I'll try and remember to post pics.

The NABS hammer was swung to great effect a few months ago at Dan Farr's shop, where Roger Pinnock and myself collaborated on a southwest-style bowie modeled after Jerry Fisk's Rojo bowie... we called ours the 'Mojo' in reference and honor of - even managed to pick up a couple of nominations for Bladeforums.com Best Bowie 2008!

orig.jpg

Edited by Matt Gregory

I had my wife look this post over and she decided there needs to be a new society to add to the forum. Tricia said it would be the HABS. So it would be the Hot A$$ Bladesmith Society, she also mentioned that all the HABS members should be required to post shirtless pictures while forging hot steel. She figured that would bring a bunch more women viewers to the site.

I am 6'4" tall and weight in at 235 lb so I don't qualify in any way for the NABS. No idea what my weight is in kilo's or stones. Since I dont qualify for the NABS, I will just have to settle for being forum member. <_< Tricia did mention that the NABS should come out with a swimsuit issue, each guy would be posing with some sharp steel in your forge or on the anvil. She thought it would sell really well to all the bladesmithing groupies.

Hi Matt,

Doing fine. Took Don Fogg's Japanese forging class and came away with a very nice

katana and the Japanese blade bug. I may have found my calling. :rolleyes:

Aline is doing well. She's now teaching Hypnotherapy, is a member of the National

Guild, and is state registered. I don't know where she gets her energy. Her Reiki

practice is growing as well. :mellow:

Hope you're doing fine.

Bill