Mothers Against Knives

While This website is in no way political and thats a good thing I wanted to make sure that members of the forum are well aware of a new movement in the UK to ban any and all kinds of knives and basically put our friends and fellow craftsmen out of business. These kinds of movements tend to be the most extreme and ill thought out campaigns that at first seem logical to some but in the end only infringe on the general rights of our fellow men to just be left the heck alone if they are not out breaking legitimate well thought out laws.

While these women I feel for because of their loss I also feel the time is now to take a very firm stand and draw a line that shall not be crossed on the ownership of knives and the legitimate craftsmanship of blade forging. While I believe these women and politicians trying to pass this general antiblade legislation have good intentions it is a common known fact the greatest number of blade related homicides are done with kitchen knives, seconded by Made In China dollar knives. To the best of my knowledge out of the thousands of custom made knives being produced at this time none have ever been used for criminal murder. People who take the time to become educated about steel to a degree to become a custom knife collector are not the street punks buying flea market 5 dollar knives and attacking other kids and killing them which all this current mindset is about anyway.

It is my humble opinion that any laws against the ownership of any knife will be about as enforceable as a law banning rocks. In conclusion murder in the United States is a Capital "Hanging" offense, I believe the current set of laws is plenty clear enough on the matter. While there may be some kind of possibility of ending the importation of cheep disposable knives the current route these folks are headed in is just flat out wrong, offensive, and will have a catastrophic effect on the current blade market.

Please keep any comments respectable to the forum, thanks, BL

petition.jpg.w300h463.jpg

Get the blades off our streets

By BARBARA DUNNE

Founder of Mothers Against Knives

April 10, 2007

FOUR years ago Barbara Dunne vowed to help get knives off our streets after her son Robert, 31, bled to death when he was slashed with a Samurai-style sword.She had some success – by the end of this year it will be an offence to own, import or hire such weapons.Frighteningly though, fatal stabbings are on the increase.In the past month alone in London six teenagers have lost their lives after being knifed. The latest victim was Paul Erhahon, 14, from East London, who was killed on Good Friday.

Barbara, 61, founded campaign group Mothers Against Knives following Robert’s brutal murder in Middlesbrough in January 2003. She is now standing as an independent councillor in local elections.The Home Office has also asked her to help them put together a new banned weapons list for a future Criminal Justice Act. Here Barbara describes what she feels needs to be done against the menace. . .IT is extremely upsetting when I see these reports of yet more young people in Britain losing their lives to knife crime.I know what the families are feeling, that shock and disbelief.

These deaths are emotional for me, because you never move on properly when a loved one is murdered. The grief stays with you forever.Knife crime touches everybody, from all parts of Britain, all ages, and from all types of background.It is particularly worrying, though, that the victims and the perpetrators seem to be getting younger.I believe the best way to tackle this problem is to ban more types of knives.

It is great that the Government announced a ban on Samurai swords — but I would like to see them go further.I would like to see a ban on the sale of HUNTING KNIVES, COMBAT KNIVES, MACHETES and FANTASY KNIVES. This, I realise, would upset hunters, particularly fishermen, who use them. But I don’t see why they shouldn’t need a licence for a hunting knife, just the same as a hunter needs a licence to buy a gun.There should be a record of who owns which knife and why they own it.

It is currently an offence to carry a knife in public. Recent crimes show that does not go far enough.It is far too easy for teenagers to get hold of knives. You see fantasy knives, the kind of things you see in sci-fi or fantasy movies, for sale in town centres.I would also like to see stronger punishments for carrying knives.

I personally believe any adult carrying a knife in the street should receive a minimum five-year prison sentence.

Judges are too soft on knife and gun crime. They do not live in the real world. Rather than being chauffeured from their homes to court, they should spend some time living in ordinary streets, like myself. Then they would understand the devastation that knife crime causes. There also needs to be greater education of kids in school. I would like to go round schools to tell pupils about the dangers of knives. They need to know about the closeness of the organs to the skin and how even a knife wound to the leg can kill someone.

Youngsters have to realise that carrying a knife makes them less safe from attack. If they carry a knife it can be turned on them. I would also be in favour of metal detectors being used in schools to see which students are carrying knives. In September I am organising a Walk For Justice for the relatives of victims of any type of murder. I hope that if it is big enough the politicians and judges will finally take note and act strongly against knife crime.

i do hope that when they are done banning all the knives they move on to some of those other really dangerous things ...

like those car thingies .. dont know where they came from but ive seen countless lives taken because of them ..

and geez, who is going to finally speak out about paper?? ... i dont know if anyone has quite died from paper just yet ... but i can just tell its possible after getting a nasty papercut this afternoon.

or all those ninjas lurking in the shadows whose 'hands and feet are like weapons' :ph34r: ... there is a martial arts academy just down the road from us .. and i live in constant fear because of it.

:rolleyes: all that aside, i really have no problems with, say, putting criminals where they belong for as long as utterly possible... say....a lifetime.

but to go around and blame an inanimate object as if it had something to do with the crime itself is just foolish. if someone has the want to kill another, there is always a way ..

rocks, sticks, water, fire ... these are all dangerous things in the wrong hands .. and none of them have a sharp edge to be seen.

the same kinds of things are happening here in regards to banning of items .. and it really gets frustrating.

one of the most common weapons used over here lately are screwdrivers .. and broken bottles ..

now ... i sure dont want to be carving my sunday roast with the sheer power of my mind ... and i also dont want to end up trying to figure out how to screw in a wall fitting with a spoon.

and yet, i certainly havent ever picked up a knife and attacked someone with it .. i sure dont see what ive done to deserve such treatment

banning items wont mean that you hinder the full blooded criminal any .. it just means that the law abiding civilian will end up going without.

i too feel sorry for these people and their loss .. but punishment where its due.

ive been attacked with a knife twice before in seemingly random acts of violence .. i have a scar to remind me of it .. it scared the utter heck outta me to know what had happened .. but i certainly dont see the benefit of blaming the tool that was in the criminals hand anymore than i think it beneficial to blame the shoes that they wore on their feet at the time of the attacks or their clothes. but im sure if the criminal was naked and without shoes, it sure would have made it easy to see that they were carrying a knife around with them.

you can take any knife and lay it on the floor and watch it as carefully as you want and im pretty sure that you wont ever find it breaking any laws. you wont find it viciously striking out at people unless someone isnt watching where they are going and steps on it ..

stop shifting the blame onto things and blame the people who are out there doing the crime to begin with.. and then blame them well so that the rest of us are safely from their reach.

and man am i ranting.

:unsure:

you are welcome :) ; I'm going to think it too often...

and about Mr Maresca, i'm 20, giuseppe is fine...

i do hope that when they are done banning all the knives they move on to some of those other really dangerous things ...

like those car thingies .. dont know where they came from but ive seen countless lives taken because of them ..

and geez, who is going to finally speak out about paper?? ... i dont know if anyone has quite died from paper just yet ... but i can just tell its possible after getting a nasty papercut this afternoon.

or all those ninjas lurking in the shadows whose 'hands and feet are like weapons' :ph34r: ... there is a martial arts academy just down the road from us .. and i live in constant fear because of it.

:rolleyes: all that aside, i really have no problems with, say, putting criminals where they belong for as long as utterly possible... say....a lifetime.

but to go around and blame an inanimate object as if it had something to do with the crime itself is just foolish. if someone has the want to kill another, there is always a way ..

rocks, sticks, water, fire ... these are all dangerous things in the wrong hands .. and none of them have a sharp edge to be seen.

the same kinds of things are happening here in regards to banning of items .. and it really gets frustrating.

one of the most common weapons used over here lately are screwdrivers .. and broken bottles ..

now ... i sure dont want to be carving my sunday roast with the sheer power of my mind ... and i also dont want to end up trying to figure out how to screw in a wall fitting with a spoon.

and yet, i certainly havent ever picked up a knife and attacked someone with it .. i sure dont see what ive done to deserve such treatment

banning items wont mean that you hinder the full blooded criminal any .. it just means that the law abiding civilian will end up going without.

i too feel sorry for these people and their loss .. but punishment where its due.

ive been attacked with a knife twice before in seemingly random acts of violence .. i have a scar to remind me of it .. it scared the utter heck outta me to know what had happened .. but i certainly dont see the benefit of blaming the tool that was in the criminals hand anymore than i think it beneficial to blame the shoes that they wore on their feet at the time of the attacks or their clothes. but im sure if the criminal was naked and without shoes, it sure would have made it easy to see that they were carrying a knife around with them.

you can take any knife and lay it on the floor and watch it as carefully as you want and im pretty sure that you wont ever find it breaking any laws. you wont find it viciously striking out at people unless someone isnt watching where they are going and steps on it ..

stop shifting the blame onto things and blame the people who are out there doing the crime to begin with.. and then blame them well so that the rest of us are safely from their reach.

and man am i ranting.

:unsure:

Great post Dee, Hope your feeling better, Ive just gotten released from the hospital myself but Ill get into that later.

I teach a few classes here and there on knives as both offensive and defensive weapons and usually start off with my classic first question of "What is the deadliest weapon in the history of the world?" which is always answered with "Firearms" to which I correct them and say "A Stone". The truth is rocks have killed more people than almost everything else combined when you include arrowheads, stone tomahawks, war clubs with stone heads, even old Goliath took one between the eyes and all classic warfare included some kind of stone killing not mention how many folks have just had their brain caved in withem since time began.

Point being anyone on this forum can in all likelihood make a deadly stone tomahawk in a matter of a hour and there is not a single law that covers such a improvised weapon which one can put together about any place in the world from whats laying around and pass through any metal detector, oh well, so much for security. Trying to ban knives will only make legitimate bladesmiths criminals and I cant imagine how the UK thing is effecting the sword collecting community.

if the government DOES manage to ban knives, the thugs'll turn to screwdrivers, and home-made shivs instead.

I'm not high up on the food chain of knife makers (plankton-level) but i feel that any attempt to ban knives'll cause more trouble than it solves. Knives were the first tools made, at first out of hard rocks, then we recognised that some stones held a better edge than others. Curiosity and ingenuity have driven our craft, the profession, the Vocation of taking a piece of raw material and manipulating it to a piece of art to the level we see today.

No amount of ignorance can be allowed to overturn thousands of years of history.

This is the second time i've edited this (the first was for spelling)

Historically, women carried lipstick and a small mirror, while men carried a folding knife. The simple tools of a polite society.

when we take away all the scizophrenic paranoia that people like that woman have built up around knives, when we look past the stigma, and the half-formed prejudices, all we see is a tool, designed to cut. The tool isn't responsible for the use to which it was put. The spanner can hardly refuse to twist a nut.

Assume I were used to kill someone. Would it merit the extermination of my kind?

Is it actually possible for a person or government to ban such a basic piece of equpiment? Is such a ban enforcable? Will the police be given powers to inspect someone's house to search for prohibited items?

Do I live in a Democracy or a Dystopia?

Edited by Nick Steele

its not just the collecting community ...

my thought was to the martial arts community ... any student of iaido would know that you cant just throw aside your sword and start using a boken instead ..

so does that mean we wont have anyone learning iai in england ever again?

and then it comes down to definitions ... who is to really say what a sword is? .. or what a hunting knife or machete is? ... does it go by length, or intention or description or what? ..

there isnt specifically a good way to cut off ..

what exactly do these terms that they are trying to ban really represent?

i mean, they say hunting knife in the article and yet then they talk about upsetting fishermen ... but, a blade that id send off with a fisherman is totally different to one that id make on the idea of a hunting knife ..

so ... really arent they just saying 'lets ban everything' ?

i could make a sword that was utterly useless as a weapon, but wonderful as an art piece ... should it still be labelled as a deadly weapon? .. or do i as the creator have the right to simply label it as a metal sculpture and sell it on as such ..

and then at what point does any item become a sword ...

is it anything thats long and sharpened? ... what about reinactment blades? they have a dulled edge ... do they still get labelled a sword and made illegal? .... does that mean that the only reinactment you can do is that of spears and pikemen ?

its easy to see how pointing the blame in the wrong direction can make for a world of trouble throughout the community.

and it still doesnt stop the criminals from just breaking the law and going and buying, making or whatever, the blades that are now seen as being controlled.

Nick, you've got it a little wrong. A criminal will still attack you with a knife but you have to defend yourself with the screwdriver (but then the tip of a flathead can be called the "blade" of the screwdriver, so I guess you're left with what we call a "phillip's head" here in the states)...

There is also the fact that a ban rarely affects the criminal user, if you are intent on using a prohibited object to maim, injure or kill someone the fine you might get for owning said weapon is I imagine rarely a deterent. Making these object more difficult to obtain by in a legal manner also is pointless because criminals are already obtaining them in an illicit transaction.

In urban areas, the proliferation of gang related violence has led in a sharp increase in the percentage of kids carying weapons (knives mainly, but more and more guns), most of them by nongangmembers for protection because they feel their safety is threatened in the neighbourhood they live in. People who carry guns and knives because they feel their lives depend on it are not going to stop simply because the government tells them to do so.

The other thing is in the society in wich I live people tend to see any knife as a weapon, I always cary a largeish (3"3/4) folder, the usual response from people seeing it for the first tine is them telling me I shouldn't be carying such a big knife, it is then usualy (at a later time) borrowed by the same individuals who saw me use it frequently for on the fly food prep. Some people simply have lost their knife culture, 50 years ago nobody would have flinched at the sight of a pocket knife, when I was in grade school I always had a swiss army knife in my pocket and my teacher would never have tought about confiscating it (well she did once, but that was because I had carved the top of my desk) and mind you I'm 24 so that was only 15 years ago, today kids get expeled from school for bringing a potato knife to quarter their apple, people make a fuss when knives with a blade of under an inch make it past security in airports.

Fear is our worst ennemy and it is not brought to us from afar fear springs only from inside.

On another note I wonder what mothers against knives would say now if that guy would have ran to fetch a 9" chef knife instead of that wallhanger? Would England's chefs be preparing to serve all puree meals ?

Sorry for my ramblings (and spelling mistakes)

Mike

Mike, this gets scarier. They also want to ban any cooking knife with a point that is over about 1 1/2" long. A group of British doctors is behind this one, supposedly. The reason that I say "supposedly" is that there are some extremist groups who claim support from the medical community in this country, such as some in the anti-gun movement, that have only a small minority of it's members who are physicians or surgons. Mothers Against Knives is just another group who insists on treating the symptoms instead of the disease. Granted, there will always be thugs who will prey on people but, from what I understand from reading a board from England on this very subject, a lot of people carry knives because they feel the police cannot protect them (of course they can't own, let alone carry, a slab sided .45 ACP). That's on top of people who use knives in their work. Reading that board was a real eye opener. Many of the posts from the anti-knife bunch were purely crazy; a life sentence for illigally carring a knife was one of the milder suggestions. All that I can say is that I'm glad that we won the revolution.

Doug Lester

I agree with just about everything that's been said here.

I hang out on the British Blades forum and this exact article has been brought up quite a few times.

It's always an interesting read too.

I think the sheeple just let fear rule their lives and don't take a logical look at the world. There was another article that I found interesting as well one day that someone posted from their newspaper, some were saying it sounded like something americans would write. Was quite interesting, but it did make a very valid point when you really think about it. That when it comes right down to it, that the only people we can rely on to protect ourselves are ourselves. Someone breaks into your home and means you harm, sure call the police, but it's gonna take them a while to get there.

It was also saying how society as a whole needs to get back to the point where we watch out for our fellow man.

I remember seeing a video on tv where an elderly man was punched numerous times by some thug. People just stood and watched while the old man was pummeled. It was pretty sad, and really made you wish bad things upon his attacker.

If you find the article in the original post interesting, search for it on the British Blades forum and read the responses. They're intriguing.

Nick, you've got it a little wrong. A criminal will still attack you with a knife but you have to defend yourself with the screwdriver (but then the tip of a flathead can be called the "blade" of the screwdriver, so I guess you're left with what we call a "phillip's head" here in the states)...

phillips head screwdrivers have 4 blades! eek!

Edgar, I've seen the sheeple term used in a few forums and it's always rubbed me the wrong way. The masses aren't trying to go along like sheep. They're working. They're keeping economies afloat by working two jobs in fact. They're trying to keep their kids off drugs and in school. They're trying to keep food on the table and pay the bills. The average person is too busy to REALLY make a fuss about this sort of thing...

The problem is the stay-at-home moms. They don't have a damned better thing to do. They hire a maid to do the housework and then they get together in groups, passing around the Xanax bottles and box wine while telling horror stories of people "in another town" who had to deal "with this really scary problem." I've witnessed this first hand through a woman in my wife' office (this woman worked part time) trying to whip everyone into a frenzy during a lunch hour over two sentences in a news article. She didn't bother to read the entire article, but picked two sentences from about the middle and decided to take action. She is a moron and had she read the enire article she would have realized that the problem (it was something like unsafe drinking water in Darfur) isn't really a problem. I've read recently that municipalities are trying to sue gang mambers for being in a gang because of the violence involved with gang membership. I propose that we sue stay-at-home moms and "housewives" because of the havoc they wreak and the taxpayer dollars they waste with their insistance that ridiculous legislation be passed.

Kris, there are too many people who know what they know and resent anyone who tries to confuse them with facts. It makes perfect sense to them if some one carries a knife on them for protection because their neighborhood is unsafe to take away that knife. After all, they don't need a knife in their neighborhood so why should anyone else and this is the 21st century, no one uses knives as tools these days. It's also obvious to them if one restriction doesn't solve the problem then the solution has to be more restrictions.

Doug Lester

The problem is the stay-at-home moms. I propose that we sue stay-at-home moms and "housewives" because of the havoc they wreak and the taxpayer dollars they waste with their insistance that ridiculous legislation be passed.

:o

o............k............

:blink:

i really would hope that we could avoid blanketing people in such broad comments..

i mean, isnt this the same thing that the people behind the legislation are doing?

they have seen violence occur through bladed instruments and as a result they blanket anyone who carries a blade as violent criminals ...

instead, isnt it a better idea to target the single person and hold them responsible for their actions... be it a woman who doesnt read articles ... or a criminal who stabs someone.

im the housewife in this household and i cant recall the last time i tried to ban knives or swords for that matter... oh and theres not a single xanax to be seen either .. .

and yet ive heard similar restrictive arguments from 'learned' professional gentlemen who , if you spoke with them, would try to convince you that knives are only used by criminals for wrong doing and they should never be sold ever again.

Kris, that probably is right, maybe we should just place all the blame on the politicians and media, =P

I once read an article and it rubbed me the wrong way, so I did what we were taught in civics class. I wrote a letter to my representative. Don't think I'll ever be doing that again. Guess we just differed on our thinking. I was thinking more along the lines of more freedoms and if you get yourself hurt, it's your own fault, and he was along the thinking less freedoms and protecting the people from things they may wanna do. *shrugs* His response was more like...This is what I think so this is what I'm doing. I don't recall him even acknowledging what I had said, *shrugs*

My alignment is Chaotic Good after all =P hahah I want me freedoms!

I don't care much to watch the news either, I watch it occasionally. Most of the time all they show is the bad stuff. It's really nothing different than what has always happened for hundreds of years. Yet now with the advent of technology and tv and such, we can see all the bad as it happens. Makes you wish you could change it, but can't.

The whole thinking of making an item illegal like knives and the like does seem silly, since like most of us here, we just see it as a tool and inanimate item. Items can't be weapons...people are the weapon.

The sheeple comment was more referring to those people who let the media rule their lives, and believe everything they read. the kind like the others have mentioned that see a knife and are like Oh no! a knife!.

I remember one of the postings on British Blades had said (not sure if it was true) that the woman in the article above, that her son was actually quite a thug, which is entirely possible as we know nothing about his background, Dunno if it's true *shrugs* Was probably a cheap import sword too.

I do like the fact that I've been occasionally using my pocket knife at work to cut tags off things customers buy, and have yet had a complaint from anyone. Usually goes

Do you have scissors?

Nope *pops out knife and cuts tag off item*

Thank you!

Edited by EdgarFigaro

I didn't say anything about blaming media or politicians. I'm not saying we need to stop and give all the gang members a hug to make them feel better, either. Personal responsiblity is what's lacking here and that's what produces these "babysitter laws" (as you said, if you know the risks and you get yourself hurt, then there's no one else to blame). We don't know anything about the background of the person involved and he may very well have been thuggish. Maybe he got what he deserved. Maybe not.

In any event I think we can agree that taking knives off of store shelves and preventing artisans from pursusing their craft is shortsighted at best.

My previous post was intended to be inflammatory and completely over the top. I'm not seriously proposing that we sue stay at home moms. That would be a ridiculous thing to do. But I don't see it being much more ridiculous than giving police another reason to harass young minorities (through "tougher anti-gang laws" that effectively make it illegal to be black after dark in a public place) or to harass law-abiding citizens carrying a tool. Perhaps the wrong audience for a bout of "tortured logic law review" or "specious reasoning theatre."

Please don't stab me, Dee (because wouldn't that put a weird spin on the conversation...)

thats ok .. i wouldnt stab you.

i dont think i could possibly charge full price on a blade that was blood stained prior to shipping.

:P

the same blanket banning on items has a tendancy to happen over here too.

last time there was a debate about trying to get rid of guns .. the law makers put more restrictions on blades and other weaponry ..

it done absolutely nothing about the gun laws ... but it meant that the politicians could stand up and say that they have dealt a blow against the criminal and changed the weapons laws ..

which in truth did happen..

and a lot of the public sighed in relief and thought 'thank gawd'

meanwhile ... we law abiding knife makers were left standing there and wondering what the heck happened ..

and when i said something last time, i was argued with by someone who said

"well dont you want guns off the street!?"

but but but ... they didnt touch the damn guns ..

these people, i believe, earn the title of 'sheeple' very nicely.

but again ... i dont believe that the masses are all sheeple ... but if i talks to a sheeple ... then sheeple they be.

As for the politicians and media part I was referring to just the existence of the article above.

Agreed on most of what you said.

What's interesting is that knives and smithing could actually help prevent gangs in that programs where the people in them could put their efforts toward a useful productive endeavor could keep them out of trouble.

One could say it could also just enable them to make their own weapons, but the effort is a lot higher than just buying a cheapo at the store.

Parents have to work and such, but what sucks is that sometimes while they're working the teen or whoever might have nothing to do to keep them out of trouble, and they find themselves falling into the wrong crowd. It's a shame more things can't be done to give them things to do. Guess it's kinda that idle hands saying.

"i dont think i could possibly charge full price on a blade that was blood stained prior to shipping."

Mine occasionally bite me =[ but they don't get stained :P

I liked this saying I just found on the MAD dwarf's workshop site.

“A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands”

(Roman philosopher, mid-1st century AD)

Part of the answere is that we have to get our message out before the public like the anti's are. One thing is that we can point the rediculous and the blatantly false. Like the anti-gun crusader who came up with some number of children killed by guns some time in the '50's and claimed that the number had doubled each year since. A little math would show that that number would have exceeded the population of the United States and was gaining on the population of the western hemisphere at a rapid rate. Another way would be to put things in perspective. Again using guns as an example, children's deaths by firearms pails in comparison to children's deaths in bicycle accidents. Then there is the falsehood that death by firearms are increasing, actually they are falling, especially for children.

Then we can try some one-on-one education. Not too many months ago we had a 15 year old boy shot and killed as he was trying to car jack at gun point. Unluckilly for him he picked an off duty sheriffs deputy. One of the nurses at work said that she had a real problem with the officer shooting to kill holding that he should have shot to wound. I tried to point out to her, calmly, that the deputy was in an immediately life threating situation that required instant action to avoid the possibility of being the victim of deadly violence. Shooting to wound was a good way to get himself killed; he had to shoot to disable. Unfortunantly, disabiling shots have a high rate of lethality. I stayed away from periferal issues such as the young man had a long criminal history already, that he was on house arrest, and that he had removed the monitor from his ankle so that he could go out to steal cars. I don't think that I made a convert that day but at least I may have opened the door a crack.

I know that these example delt with guns and not knives, but the tactics that we can use go counteract missinformation are the same

just a couple of things from a british perspective .

britain is an extreamly safe place and the idea of carrying a knife for defence is really not an issue here .

I think that because it is so safe single events can influence pressure groups into doing somthing and unfortunatly that something is legislation .

I am pretty certain that the majority of brits would be behind banning knives (even though its a generaly stupid and unworkable thing to do ) they just wouldnt think it through .

we are law crazy here and really no one (in general) cares so swords will be banned and some knives and there will still be ways to own them (say with a martial arts licence or as a registerd collector).

Its all a bit stupid but in general it wont affect a lot unles you are an aspiring sword maker or bladesmith in wich case it wont afect a lot as there is no uk market for that anyway .

britain is a great place to live but really does have its head up its own arse sometimes!!

anyhow ,

gangs will still be gangs and they will make do with whatever is there latest weapon untill that gets banned and I'll just keep on doin what I do till I get banned!!!!

Owen, that's the most sensible thing i've heard all day. I'm against this ban 100%, and i'll fight it all the way. To the hilt, as it were...

Notice that when these criminals are put into jails where they cant get these things made by others. they find thing make things called shives out of some of the most harmless objects. Take for instance tooth brushes, paper, elastic bands, plastick. The wonderfull and horiffic part of humanity is that we are so inventive. If they want to hurt someone they will. Regardless of what laws stand in their way. they really don't care. All these laws really do is take these things out of law abiding citisen's hands. Its just sad that people really think that a law against an inanimate object will change anything or bring anyone back. To often have I seen people go so far off the edge. Usualy affecting people like me, a law abiding citisen. sad.

Edited by nicrom