Bob Ouellette

How to catch a terrorist

It's amazing they did it without firing a single shot. Must have been the intense training and teamwork. :wacko:

I'm just amazed at where they caught him! :lol: And sometimes it's the shock of just busting in and people are like :o

I hope they don't bunch up like that in real life.

Don, they actually did everything just like they are supposed to. Being that close allows non-verbal communication when you're right outside of a building. And being that close when you enter a room lets the team quickly take control of the area. Any hesitation could mean that you die, especially in the door way.

I guess its a different army. My dad ( 26th Reg, 1st Inf Div, BRO,,, N. Africa, Sicily, Normandy) told me (after watching saving pvt ryan) that they never bunched up cuz if the "other guy" was going to get it, you didnt want to go with them. Kinda like, "I anit going to die, but you might" kinda thing,,,

jm

JM, there are certain situations where a tight group is more beneficial to safety than being spread out. In urban terrain, it's easier to watch each other's back's when you're close by. But if you were in an open field, you could have any where from 30 meters to 150 meters or more between each person. That's not to make it so "the other guy gets it," but to reduce the effectiveness of area effect weapons. ;)

Well the way my old man put it, he didnt want to catch one with the other guy, and France was pretty tight quarters. But a different time to be sure,,,and I guess it worked for him cuz he was one of the heros, doing 20+ yrs and two wars,,,

jm

btw,,, you are too,,, thanks for YOUR service to us back here,,,

jm

Thanks JM, I haven't gotten deployed yet. I finish my training next summer then I'm going to apply to become a Warrant Officer and pilot Apache helicoptors.

A ) you're not getting 5 people in a portapotty :)

B ) The guy at the beginning says "go" and "hup hup hup" isn't exactly stealth mode.

Not that it's not "proper procedure" or anything (because I wouldn't know), but it looks like a humorous setup that some guys with downtime put together to get a chuckle. In that respect, they succeeded. Thanks for sharing :)

Edited by Kristopher Skelton

Kris, aside from all the talking, they followed the general procedure for MOUT (Military Operations in Urban Terrain), moving short distances quickly, covering all angles they can be attacked from, getting behind cover every time they stop, and they even check for boobytraps. :P I wonder if you could cram 5 people in a portapotty... the lid would have to be closed for obvious reasons though :lol: I got a good laugh out of it and thought others might too.

Hey Bob, if you go to Apache school you'll probably end up here in Alabama at good ol' Fort Rucker. A friend of mine just got out. He was a Chinnock instructor down there.

Dale

That's exactly where I'll be. I'll also go there for WOCS (Warrant officer school). I won't know for about 9 months though :P

Good luck Bob. I went down to Rucker when my friend graduated WOCS (it's about a three hour drive) and from what I could see, it was a really nice place. Everyone I know that has been stationed there liked it. You'll only be about an hour or so from Panama City Beach. That's where a lot of the guys spend their off time.

Dale

Thats the way they do it now. My youngest is in Iraq at the present time. South of Bagdad. The pics Ive seen are just like that. But all those guys in one porta potty was hilarious. :lol: