Sign in to follow this  
DFogg

Joining the Forum

Everyone who registers for the forum is personally validated. I have to go through each registration, checking the email address to see if they are spammers. Those who choose to use a handle or some cryptic username are going to get deleted, I just don't have time to investigate everyone.

I use to send out an inquiry email to those registrations I had doubt about, but the numbers have dramatically increased and I just don't have the time to do it anymore. I go through the list quickly every morning and dump anyone who doesn't pass the sniff test. Sorry, it is just the way it is.

If you want to be sure that you are validated, send me a personal email and include your username. I do want to welcome those who are interested in bladesmithing and would love to leave the door wide open, but those days are long gone. Be patient, follow the process and you can join us.

• Like 1

I have been getting email from folks who have registered for the forum, but been unable to post.

"Report:

I have registered on this site and log in,BUT THAT IS ALL I CAN DO.

I cant open documents,JPG files , reply to anything or post.

I can't do anything except view some things.

Please advise what is going on.

Sorry I had to use this form but it is the only thing I can open to contact you."

First, I need the user name to look up your registration.

Second, I am manually approving all registrations now. You won't be able to post until your registration is validated. If I can't recognize you as a real person, I am not going to validate your registration. I just don't have the time to search out every email address that tries to register. It is a nuisance, but better than being bombed with spam and hacked.

If you want to register, use a real name, be patient, send me an email dfogg(at)dfoggknives.com

Thanks

Sign in to follow this