Possible get together for knife makers

John Smith

Well I was not sure if I wanted to post this but I will any ways to see how much interest is generated.

My best friend just purchased the Indian Springs Campground in Indian Springs Maryland, and I was just there over the weekend camping and I asked if they minded me inviting some knife makers up to have a get together with food drink and fishing along with knife making and maybe some teaching.

She said it sounded like a great idea. The camp ground is beautiful. This is not a sponsored event just a get together of some of the local knife makers in the tri state area and maybe beyond that.

I am planning if there is enough interest in bringing my portable forge and anvil along with some fine steaks and what ever else is needed. All I need to know is if there is any interest in a get together to get to know eachother and maybe forge some knives.

If any one has any ideas to contribute please do. And if there is enough interest we can get a date and time down, and camping is most welcome if you want to stay the night.

So any and all who are interested please just post in here, I will leave this for a month as I do not want it getting to late and cold. So by the end of September we can establish a date and time.

John W Smith
www.smith-forge.org

Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Crom is your god, Crom and he lives in the earth. Once, giants lived in the Earth, Conan. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Crom, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Crom was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just men. Not gods. Not giants. Just men. The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts.

[Points to sword]

This you can trust

I'd love it, but with the way my luck has been going, whatever weekend it is I'll probably be broke :( . Honestly, if I have enough notice I'd try to make it.

Doug Lester

HELP...I'm a twenty year old trapped in the body of an old man!!!

Ok so far looks like 2.

I see no need for any one to have to spend any money other than for your food to cook on open bit. Pavillion provided. Freezers available.

I will have more details for everyone over the next few days. And if you need directions to it Camp Ground

I will try to answer any and all questions.

I want to promote Bladesmithing as much as I can and not just making knives but making people aware of it as well.

John W Smith
www.smith-forge.org

Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Crom is your god, Crom and he lives in the earth. Once, giants lived in the Earth, Conan. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Crom, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Crom was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just men. Not gods. Not giants. Just men. The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts.

[Points to sword]

This you can trust

I would be in, but money is doubtful for this year.

Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots

John, depending on the date, I might be able to make it up there. What date were you thinking about?

Bob O

"When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints."

My Website

Bob and any one else the date is actually up tp you guys. I have unrestricted access to the camp grounds. And for those cost consious people, most likely the cost of being there will be around $10 bucks a person if you are camping, have to pay for the electric bill there. Other wise I can supply the food for the one night if any stay over. So I would assume the cost of the trip there in gas money for most.

Well all I can say is you guys can determine a date that is best for you guys as I have every weekend off any how so I canbe there.

I am thinking October will still be warm enough to do this maybe even into Nov a tad. So just toss some dates around and lets see where it goes from there. I would like to see a few more people post in the tri state area, I know there is more than just us.

John W Smith
www.smith-forge.org

[Points to sword]

This you can trust

I am still waiting on the owner to get back to me on what the cost for the pavilion is going to be if there will be any at all. I am hoping more people will post in here as i want to have a great get together.

John W Smith
www.smith-forge.org

[Points to sword]

This you can trust