Rick Barrett Seminar

Hi everyone, this is my first post here and I thought I would put in a plug for Rick's Seminar this coming October, there's still three spots left, info is below and can also be found on Rick's site.

2007 Barrett Custom Sword Seminar

October 19-21, 2007

Price $700.00

We will be covering several aspects of sword and fittings making as well as quite a bit of history behind the Japanese sword. Everyone attending will clay and heat treat their own tanto forged out by me to take home with them. (Yes, the course includes a free tanto!!!) There will be a one hour lapse between most demonstrations to allot for run over time or possibly starting the next demo early. I will amend the schedule further as more details are nailed down.

October 19

12-5 pm Meet and greet- check in and time to relax after your travels

5-7pm Dinner at Das Dutchman Essenhaus- Great Amish home cooking

7-10 pm Shop tour, brief discussion on the history of the Japanese sword, videos

October 20

9-10am Clay application and heat treat/ metallurgy discussion Rick Barrett

11-12am Japanese sword fittings Patrick Hastings

12-1 pm Lunch

2-3 pm Forging and Forge welding Kevin Cashen

4-5 pm ?????? Anthony DiChristifano

6-7 pm Modern versus Ancient steels? Metalography Kevin Cashen

8-9 pm Heat treating

9 pm on Celebrate our success, check out the hamon and party in general

October 21

9-10am Traditional Japanese sword polishing Brandon Thell

11-12am Tsuka Maki- handle wrapping Rick Barrett

12-1 pm Lunch

2-3 pm ???????? Patrick Hastings

4-5 pm final discussion, question and answer

Hi everyone, this is my first post here and I thought I would put in a plug for Rick's Seminar this coming October, there's still three spots left, info is below and can also be found on Rick's site.

And where is it going to be held?

Whoops, that would be important wouldn't it.:blink: It will be at Rick's house and his contact info is below, anyone who would like to attend needs to call Rick to reserve their place. There's also more information on Rick's site.

Rick Barrett

18943 County Rd 18

Goshen, IN 46528

TEL: (574) 533-4297

Man, wish I could make it... Rick's a great demonstrator, and incredibly talented... I've caught a number of his demos at a few of the shows I've attended during the last year, and my only regret is not managing to absorb everything he does and says during his 'seminar'-- there's just too much!

Of course, Kevin Cashen's intensity and passion for the science of steel is contagious. I've never recuperated from the first time I watched him teach, and I likely never will! Who would have thought that I'd be reading metallurgical papers, ravenously groping for understanding, and loving it - Kevin is single-handledy to blame for that, and I can't wait to see him demonstrate again.

Oh, well... maybe next year...