wrought iron supplies

Unfortunately in the good ole USA the only sources for true wrought iron are scrapyards, junk dealers, blacksmiths, etc. Some old bridges, pre 1900 (not still in use please!), some railroad hardware, old wagon tires "hoops" although these are mostly lower quality, Jail bars. It's getting harder to find...

There is a British company re-rolling wrought iron. $$ to ship it here though. Hope this helps.

Dennis

Guest daryl meier
Tim:  What size stock are you looking for?  Have about 50 tons of bridge wrought iron, and about 200 lbs of old wagon tires.

Daryl, did all that tonnage come from that old bridge across the Mississippi to St louis that was in the process of being repaired recently? I misremember the name of it.

I'm in need of wrought, also. Small quantities.

"I'm not anti-gun. I'm pro-knife." Molly Ivins

NT Limpin' Cat Prokopp

Daryl,

I'd love to get some too!   [notworthy] :P

JD

Let's each sacrifice a cock to Hephaestus for Daryl! [notworthy]

"I'm not anti-gun. I'm pro-knife." Molly Ivins

NT Limpin' Cat Prokopp

Also any of you near shipyards should befriend an iron rat working there.  Old anchor chain can be superior wrought iron.

Darryl, if somebody wants the bridge iron, do they have to take the whole bridge? :D

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. Will Rogers

Guest daryl meier
The bridge was erected in 1898 over a local creek in Jackson County, Ill.  It is not the most refined iron that I have worked with, but is cleaner than most wagon tires. Price will vary with quantity purchased, $3.00 to $1.00/ lb. Email for specific price on the size and quantity needed.