A few of my London Pics

I'm still weeding through the 700 + pics. Here are a few of the ones we took.

London07_005.JPG

Kensington Palace

London07_011.jpg

Fancy Barb Wire from out side the German Embassy

London07_036.jpg

Corner guard outside St. Paul’s Cathedral

London07_055.jpg

Diana Memorial walk marker

London07_076.jpg

Main gate outside Kensington Garden

London07_149.jpg

Well pulley at the V&A

London07_216.jpg

Tower of London

London07_271.jpg

French cannon

London07_514.jpg

Bronze weapons

London07_556.jpg

British Museum main hall

London07_611.jpg

1st & 2nd Century Knives

London07_634.jpg

Weapons from 800-1050

London07_492.jpg

Fighting off the Daleks

London07_767.jpg

Me and my sweety

Edited by Adlai Stein

Good to see no-one's going to steal the corners of st.paul's any time soon!

i saw that and puzzled for a moment, thinking it was a stylised bat, or an angel sculpture, but it seems it's both decoratie AND functional.

Nice pix, Adlai. I always get a kick out of the sort of piccies we bladesmiths and general iron-wallopers take!

The iron age hall at the British Museum really gets the beard smoldering, doesn't it? :) And please tell me if you get too close to the Dalek it screams "EXTERMINATE!" :lol:

So is your head still spinning?

Nice pix, Adlai. I always get a kick out of the sort of piccies we bladesmiths and general iron-wallopers take!

Charlie, you wouldn't believe how much crap the wife gave me over taking iron pics. (all in good fun though)

The iron age hall at the British Museum really gets the beard smoldering, doesn't it? And please tell me if you get too close to the Dalek it screams "EXTERMINATE!"

So is your head still spinning?

The iron age stuff really was exciting to see after all these years of looking at pictures from it. I was in awe of the Sutton Hoo stuff. I was grining like a teenager with his first dirty magazine.

Yes the Dalek does scream exterminate which also made me grin like an idiot and made my way too normal wife roll her eyes. If you don't know Hambley's is London's version of FAO Schwartz, 5 floors of toys.

And yes my head is still spinning I was not ready to leave Lonon yet.

More pics soon.

Yes the Dalek does scream exterminate which also made me grin like an idiot and made my way too normal wife roll her eyes.

Thank you, you have made my weekend! :lol: My own wife is just getting back into weaving after a pause of many years, and can't for the life of her figure out why I wanted a 12-foot-long scarf of many colors as her first new project. I blame Tom Baker's version of the Doctor. And yes, I know his scarf was knitted, but I'll take what I can get. ;)

-Alan who once offered a bum in Piccadilly a pack of Old Holbourn shag cut when he asked for a fag, only to be met with "Sorry mate, I don't do roll-ups... :rolleyes: "