• Announcements

• Alan Longmire

IMPORTANT Registration rules   02/12/2017

Use your real name or you will NOT get in.  No aliases or nicknames, no numerals in your name. Do not use the words knives, blades, swords, forge, smith (unless that is your name of course) etc. We are all bladesmiths and knifemakers here.  If you feel you need an exception or are having difficulty registering, send a personal email to the forum registrar here.  
burton

5160 Steel

15 posts in this topic

5160 bars 50" long and 1/4" thick and 1 3/4" wide. 5 stick minimum at $6.00 a stick plus shipping. Good clean steel. I am in Columbus, Ohio. Contact me for a price on shipping.

1.75"x.237" Reals 5160H

Here is the chemical analysis:

C .58 Mo .019

Mn .92 Cr .74

P .013 Cb .000

S .024 V .003

Si .023 Al .005

Cu .16 B .0003

Ni .080 Sn .009

Edited by burton

Count me in for five. Send me a PM with details.

Sent a pm. Ill be in Columbus Saturday the 15th. Would love to pick some up.

Larry Sharp

5160 bars 50" long and 1/4" thick and 1 3/4" wide. 5 stick minimum at $6.00 a stick plus shipping. Good clean steel. I am in Columbus, Ohio. Contact me for a price on shipping.

1.75"x.237" Reals 5160H

Here is the chemical analysis:

C .58 Mo .019

Mn .92 Cr .74

P .013 Cb .000

S .024 V .003

Si .023 Al .005

Cu .16 B .0003

Ni .080 Sn .009

I'd like 5 sticks, let me know how much to send and where to send it. My zip is 53185

martinknives@hotmail.com

Guys, just to let you know I recently bought 10 sticks from Burton. I can't speak for the steel yet (won't have a chance to forge for a couple of weeks) but I can tell you he ships fast and is very easy to deal with. Buy with confidence.

-Todd

Well the next batch went out today. A couple of people sent me money orders or cashiers check your shipments went out but I didn't send a tracking # because I didn't have a e-mail. I think for the most part I am out of the steel. I thank everyone who purchased it and maybe I can do it again sometime I don't know if I will ever get it again or not. Anyway thanks again and sorry if you got left out, maybe next time.

Thanks -Burton

Burton, thanks for taking the time and effort to do this for us all..I recieved mine, but as yet have not forged any----today is the last day before the plant shut down and with the next 10 days off i'm sure i will get after it..even got a camera today, so if i can figure it out i will post some pics too. again, thanks. azm1ke