Kevin Cashen's metallography DVD

Hello All,

I just wanted to be the first to break the news that Kevin Cashen will be making a DVD of his Metallography lecture. He has given the lecture a few times..complete with projector and microscope...with great reception.

This news is so new that Kevin himself does not even know he is making a DVD.

I have a small collection of old blade sections from various ethnicities I will be donating to the casue (japanese katana, woot tulwar,wootz shamshir, javanese keris...maybe even some 14th cent London found knives..and whatever else I can find in my private stash of old work)

SO..in that light....lets all ask Kevin when he will start selling the DVD....that is after he films and edits it of course.

Ric

Hello All,

I just wanted to be the first to break the news that Kevin Cashen will be making a DVD of his Metallography lecture. He has given the lecture a few times..complete with projector and microscope...with great reception.

This news is so new that Kevin himself does not even know he is making a DVD.

I have a small collection of old blade sections from various ethnicities I will be donating to the casue (japanese katana, woot tulwar,wootz shamshir, javanese keris...maybe even some 14th cent London found knives..and whatever else I can find in my private stash of old work)

SO..in that light....lets all ask Kevin when he will start selling the DVD....that is after he films and edits it of course.

Ric

Kevin,

That would be awesome ( I have just purchased a used camera for my microscope ). Please include a few comments on sample removal, mounting and etching methods. I am finding the following link very helpful,

http://www.barrie-tao.com/microscope_photo.html .

Jan

I'd be happy to edit for him, if he likes...

The filming and editing will be handled by a father/son team out on the west coast, but thanks Chris.

Ric

Ric,

I am really looking forward to that .

almost as much as the wootz simposium you are going to be headlining in the UK next year!!!!!!!!!!!

I have seen this presentation, it is awesome :). DVD is a good idea especially with additional info.

No doubt. Havent seen it, but Kevin does good work.

Ric,

Should any of my metallography from a couple of years ago be of interest, Kevin is welcome to use it. None has been published, so there should not be any copywright infringement issues...

Cheers,

Byron