Bladesmiths are an eccentric bunch aren't we?

Beau Erwin

Around this time of year, I think we'd be some of the few people that'd actually be working towards being naughty so that we get that bag of coal. Then again some might be trying for as much as they can get. I keep teasing my parents about that when they make comments about things.

Who else would ask for something like "walrus penis bone" on their Christmas list?

Anyone able to think of other odd things we'd maybe ask for that you'd be hard pressed to find another person ask for?

What'd you get for christmas?

Walrus penis! YAY!

*laughs*

I didn't actually ask for any, it just struck me as funny that it's something a bladesmith might ask for.

Beau Erwin

www.ErwinKnives.com

Custom knives

Bcarta Composites

Stabilized Woods

Now that you mention it, I've got a bag of oosic scraps that I need to look through to see if I have something that I could use as a mouthpiece for a tomahawk pipe :blink: . Sort of an antismoking tactic :rolleyes: .

Doug Lester :lol:

HELP...I'm a twenty year old trapped in the body of an old man!!!

Steel. I was almost tempted to put a few lengths of 5160 1075 and 1095 on my xmas list:D.

Let not the swords of good and free men be reforged into plowshares, but may they rest in a place of honor; ready, well oiled and God willing unused. For if the price of peace becomes licking the boots of tyrants, then "To Arms!" I say, and may the fortunes of war smile upon patriots

On a different forum, there's a christmas wishes section, and i asked for just about every peice of smithing equpiment i could think of at the time; and a small forest's worth of charcoal...

I had a strange thought the other day.

If I were locked in a room with a copy of myself, i wouldn't like me very much.

Well, we don't do Christmas presents around here, but here's what I got myself this weekend:

http://1501bc.com/files/12230002.jpg

Who else but a smith can get so excited about a pile of rusty iron? :) (centuries old wrought, and antique spring steel).

Jeroen Zuiderwijk

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/barbarianmetalworking

I was really disappointed when the "Bag O' Coal" I got in my stocking turned out to be licorice candy!

~Bruce~

Edited by B. Norris

“All work is empty save when there is love, for work is love made visible.” Kahlil Gibran

"It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them." - Alfred Adler

most ppl thought i was strange for getting 400$ worth of wheels and 200$ worth of concrete for XMas but then they don't understand the joys of power hammers and belt grinders now do they

:-)

President - Georgia Knifemakers Guild

ABS Journeyman Smith

"Wisdom and experience are built of bricks made from the mud of failure." - Mike Blue

most ppl thought i was strange for getting 400$ worth of wheels and 200$ worth of concrete for XMas but then they don't understand the joys of power hammers and belt grinders now do they

:-)

SCORE! :lol:

lol. My wifes best friend had a thing on my space in which you could give a fake gift and put it under their tree. One of the gifts was coal. I started to give her that when my wife saw me (she happened to be on the phone with her friend) so she stopped me and told her friend what I was about to give her. My wife said I was horrible. I told her that I would be happy as heck to get some blacksmiths coal in my stocking for Christmas. Her friend and her could not stop laughing. Then my wife said "Only you crazy knife making people." Well who else in the world glows with joy at the thought of coal for Christmas? :lol:

My life is like shaving with a razor sharp machete. It's a bit awkward and I feel a sting every now and then, but in the end I'm happy with the results.