New work january wood

Fox Creek

jan08a.JPG

This is the first one finished this year. I was so lazy last year and it was sooo hot, and I had to rebuild the stack and hood on my forge, etc...I promise to do more this year. "just shy of of 9" in the blade, 1085, Wrought Iron guard plate and pommel, mild steel ferrule; through tang is peened over into button head in center of pommel. The customer furnished the Maple, part of a long-rifle stock blank.

I can understand being a poor self starter, it's a big problem with me too. Let me say that the quality of that knife makes it well worth the wait. Good design and great craftsmanship from what I can see. Congradulations.

Doug Lester

HELP...I'm a twenty year old trapped in the body of an old man!!!

Richard, that looks great! Im with you on not geeting much done last summer ( way too hot and humid ). Dont you just love that Ohio Valley weather?! Im ready to start doing some more work though. We need to get together soon and see what kind of stuff we can come up with.

Larry Sharp

When the world ends, I want to be in Kentucky because they are 25 years behind everybody else. Mark Twain

My Webpage

Thanks all. I find the octagonal handles work well (feel good in the hand) and are very versatile and adapatable. Ya, Ray the camera works fine, I had to re-learn somethings and correct some file name errors to link the image. I've got to plug in the old box and see if I can recover my FTP client (he said client! :blink: ) I had once upon a time. Holler at me Larry. If the Governor lays us all off before the new fiscal year , I may have PLENTY of time to do this stuff.