Will Leavitt

Problem with Ox/Acetlyne

I bought a cutting torch set from Harbor Freight and picked up 2 smaller tanks. I'm not getting any flow from the acetelyne side. I had to use an adaptor to get the regulator to fit the tank. Is it possible I got a bad regulator or adaptor?

Please help me.. I can't get to work on my new forge until I get the torch working lol.

Edited to add:

I think I may have gotten the wrong adaptor, while it fits on the tank, it's for a "B" or 20cf tank and I'm using a 10cf tank. Reckon that's the problem?

Will

Edited by Will Leavitt

Is the gauge pressurizing at all?

I'de say its probably the adaptor..

are you sure your tanks are full? lol.. I'm sure thats obvious, but still.. I've overlooked things like that before..

definately don't use petroleum based oils anywhere near the valves or tanks.. lube and oxy I believe.. its either oxy or acetelyene that react violently.. its too late to remember for sure..

sorry I cant be of more help.. I'm sure someone here can ;)

Don't lube / oil / grease Oxygene bottles, valves and stuff - 200bar (417psi) of pressure and oil / grease on fittings:

-> there might be the chance that the oxygene finds a very small path to escape at high velocity (helped by the oil)... at that "speed" in a very narow "channel" there will be a lot of heat generated - enough actually to ignite -> and then it's good bye - forever.

I guess too it's the adapter for the acetylene -> but be sure to check the gauge too...

Don't lube / oil / grease Oxygene bottles, valves and stuff - 200bar (417psi) of pressure and oil / grease on fittings:

-> there might be the chance that the oxygene finds a very small path to escape at high velocity (helped by the oil)... at that "speed" in a very narow "channel" there will be a lot of heat generated - enough actually to ignite -> and then it's good bye - forever.

I guess too it's the adapter for the acetylene -> but be sure to check the gauge too...