Alot of Ebay anvils are more Anvil Shaped Objects than good anvils but there are exceptions. but the buyer must beware you are better off with a Rail Road track than a harbor fright anvil (cast iron and a face like butter) i know i had one!

~~DJ

No offense intended just a friendly warning form some one that ended up with 65 pound doorstop!

Sorry the you got burned DJ, you do have to keep your eyes open when dealing on Ebay. I bought a leg vise that was advertised as being complete and funtional. What I recieved was missing the spring, mounting plate, and the U bolt that holds everything together, plus the screw was rusted in solid. The seller adopted the attitude that it was my fault for not catching him in his lie but said he would take it back and refund the money. The problem was that the shipping price on the thing was so high that it was almost as much as the purchase price, which was all he was refunding. That said, I have gotten good deals on Ebay, one of which was a 110lb anvil of acceptable quality. I did have to finish grinding down the face of the anvil but it's a heck of a lot better than a chunk of railroad rail which I probably would have had to grind down also.

Doug Lester

HELP...I'm a twenty year old trapped in the body of an old man!!!

Alot of Ebay anvils are more Anvil Shaped Objects than good anvils but there are exceptions. but the buyer must beware you are better off with a Rail Road track than a harbor fright anvil (cast iron and a face like butter) i know i had one!

~~DJ

No offense intended just a friendly warning form some one that ended up with 65 pound doorstop!

Oh yea, Don't get me wrong. There is a lot of crap on there and you have to know what to look for. But there are more real anvils on there then I've seen before. As for pricing, well thats another story. Good luck to all.

Tony G