first knife

Jziegenbein

i finished my first little knife.:)

it's made of rebar with paper micarta scales and brass pins

0216081136a.jpg

0216081134a.jpg

0216081134.jpg

i left the spine with the rebar's little ridges. it's a full grind with a really thick spine (1/4" at the back of the blade) :blink:

i hope to make several more. comments and critiques are fine. :)

jared Z.

lilzee on britishblades.

From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.

-Sir Winston Churchill

hmm when i make them any bigger they get really pixelated....

jared Z.

lilzee on britishblades.

From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.

-Sir Winston Churchill

Can you use better quality pictures?

Or, failing that, tell us a little about how you made it, what you learned, etc?

I had a strange thought the other day.

If I were locked in a room with a copy of myself, i wouldn't like me very much.

Great to have you on board, PLEASE keep making and posting. If you are really looking for feed-back, here you go:

Pictures- No details, can't see much. There is so much to learn about blade photo, go to any of the sites available here and you will see some great pictures. Contact me and I'll send you as much as you can tolerate.

Knife- Great start, the first 300 are what we call zuchinis. Rebar would not be my choice for metal. Order some 1095, go to a junk yard and get a section of spring. If that does not work, send me your addess and I will send you a section of 1095 or 1050, my gift. I can then direct you to many sites and books on knife making or email and I will do my best to take you step by step.

We can only comment as we can see.

Jim Allen

Three Sisters Forge

Bend, Oregon

http://www.threesistersforge.com

nor is it mine. it's just what i had and wasn't afraid to mess up. i'll start taking better pics next time. and I have over 50 railroad spikes (about 30 are high carbon) that i need to forge into knives before i think of getting other steel.

jared Z.

lilzee on britishblades.

-Sir Winston Churchill