Lets keep the lights on,,,

Don has started a donations thread (see forum news section). If you are reading this, then you should help if you can.

JM

No doubt!

...maybe we should have a membership fee option? Don't get me wrong, free is good, but only if someone else isn't paying for it to be free for me! I , for one, would be willing to pay for a yearly membership... this forum and those who frequent it have been immeasurably important to me!

I'm a member from long time and I feel that I have to donate, but I don't think that paying for the membership it's a great idea. A lot of new people would be discouraged to join to the forum, and this could easily stop to be an open community, in my opinion. I think that leaving the choice to the members to donate or not can work only in few communities, but this is one of them.

On the other side I think that have to be avoided abuses from people that use the forum only to sell their stuff, without giving nothing to the community, but this is a Don's choice.

Anyway I'm glad that there I can help with a donation; I have taken a lot from here and given far far less.

I didn't mean to suggest a members-only site, sorry if I was taken that way. I just know that if I have to pay a yearly subscription to something, I'll be reminded to do so... rather than just remembering to make a donation!