W2 Tool Steel 2" Rd

Don ,

thanks for the prompt service .you would be amazed at the hoops we have to jump through in the Uk to get steel .

I can get W2 here but not the same spec as yours , I am keen to see the diference subtle as it may be.

forging soul in to steel

owenbush.co.uk

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK guys, after the big rush of orders :wacko: I have put my son Kyle to work cutting and boxing W2.

I now have around 20 boxes ready to ship and my steel pile is shrinking.

So just send money and I'll get the W2 right out to ya. :)

Thanks much!

Don Hanson lll My Webpage

Please sir can I have some more ...............

could you please send another pay pal request please same as last time .

this stuff is a pain in the ass to forge out but I am very impressed with it and would like another lot so as to have a chance to get the most out of playing with its potential .

thanks

Owen

forging soul in to steel

owenbush.co.uk

The last of my four boxes arrived last week and tomorrow I'm going to try to break the first bar down on my new buildt rolling mill (finish it today, actually :D). I'm feeling just like I did on the day before Christmas when I was a kid, just hope I can get some sleep tonight.

A very proud Say-Mak owner :D

My YouTube channel

www.leifern.com

2" W2 Update.

Not a lot of posting here but I'm still shipping 4 or 5 boxes per week.

I started with around 8000 lbs and have shipped close to half of it so far.

Thanks for all the orders, guys! I appreciated it.

I want some, but I'm leaning on the wife for a press... and I have only these two hands otherwise. Hopefully I'll know in the next couple weeks, if all goes according to my evil plan.

A press would be nice. No worries, I should have enough to last a few more months.

Thanks,

• 4 weeks later...

I've been getting ready for Blade lately, so I've let the W2 selling slide a bit. I will be heading to Atlanta Wed the 28th and back June 2nd. I'll be ready to load up the Postal service again when I get back but I can get a few boxes out before I leave if anyone wants some.

Thanks all,

• 2 weeks later...

Back from the Blade show. What a Super Show!

I've had a few emails from folks asking if I still have W2. Yes I do, I have around 3500 lbs of the 2" left, out of 8000 lbs at the start of this thread.

When it's gone, it's gone for good. So let me know and I'll be glad to get some out to ya.

Thanks guys,

Russ Andrews had some of this W2 tested and here are the results. Close to what I was told and listed at the start of this thread but a little different. I like it even more now :)

1" round stock

C .913, Mn .22, V .185, Cr .15, Si .23, Mo .012, Ni .08, Cu .14

2" round stock

C .95, Mn .22, V .19, Cr .15, Si .23, Mo .013, Ni .08, Cu .14

Edited by Don Hanson

• 3 weeks later...

Don,may i please ask if you'd ship only a half of an order,2 bars?Either that,or maybe you'd be interested in some wrought(very similar to Darren's,also anchor chain) as a swap for the second half?Find meself a bit strapped right now,but am working on finalizing a commission,so,if at all inconvenient,then please disregard,will get back in touch in a couple of weeks,and just get a box.Respectfully,Jake.

God is in his heaven,and Czar is far away...

Hi Jake,

I'll send you 2 bars (half a box) for $75. I'm covered up with Wrought Iron and don't really use that much but thanks for the offer. Just let me know and we'll get-R-done.

Thanks,

Hi Jake,

I'll send you 2 bars (half a box) for $75. I'm covered up with Wrought Iron and don't really use that much but thanks for the offer. Just let me know and we'll get-R-done.

Thanks,

Exellent,Don-if the Postal Money Order's o.k. by you,i'll run over to the P.O. as soon as i can dig up your address(i'm sure it's somewhere among these posts,or on your web-site).Will send it Priority,and please feel free to wait for it to arrive before mailing.I appreciate it tremendously,thanks kindly.Jake.

God is in his heaven,and Czar is far away...