Stuff to bring to a hammerin

matt venier

Hey Guys

I'm going to the Fire and Brimstone hammerin in a couple of weeks(My first) and what just wondering if anyone had any sage advice as to what is crucial to bring with Me. Any thoughts would be appriciated. thanks

Matt

note pad, something reliable to write with, personal protective gear (gloves, glasses, etc... if you have favorites to work in), camera and as well as the before mentioned gratuity.

Enjoy...

If you have welding glasses for torch work bring them along as we only have a couple pair if you want to watch/use the plasma torch.

We will be showing how to use our engraving machine and it will be available all weekend for anyone wanting to engrave stuff for themselves. Its pretty easy and will work on irregular surfaces like diamond ground blades.

If you have welding glasses for torch work bring them along as we only have a couple pair if you want to watch/use the plasma torch.

We will be showing how to use our engraving machine and it will be available all weekend for anyone wanting to engrave stuff for themselves. Its pretty easy and will work on irregular surfaces like diamond ground blades.

Both good things to think about....I'll have to find some welding goggles and something to scratch on :)

Also, regular safety glasses. DO NOT go to a hammer-in without them. I know that during my demonstrating at this hammer-in I'll be making sure that folks watching have eye protection on. Forge welding is no time to forget your glasses!

I also second the motion for a notepad and a few pens/pencils.

Oh, and bring your sense of humor, you'll never make it without one in this crowd ;)

-d

Iron in the Hat can be pretty much anything you feel someone will find useful in making blades, or even just random stuff.

At Bowie's, I won an arrowhead that was knapped by James Gibson.

SOme of the kiddos had put some items in that they'd cast themselves.

Bars of steel, wood, various handle materials

There was a bar of damascus.

A selection of knives that were donated.

My two donations at Bowie's was two pieces of homemade micarta I'd done.

Beau Erwin

www.ErwinKnives.com

Custom knives

Bcarta Composites

Stabilized Woods

• 2 weeks later...
note pad, something reliable to write with, personal protective gear (gloves, glasses, etc... if you have favorites to work in), camera and as well as the before mentioned gratuity.

All of the above, for sure. This isn't specifically related to smithing, but at hammer-ins I have found that I always want my Nalgene bottle full of water and my own coffee cup. A drinking container of some kind regardless, to fill with plenty of water... or coffee... or whatever else is being dolled out. ;)

Ancora Imparo