first post my bend test

i have been lurking here for some time but i thought this is a good way to start.

Christoph Derringer was nice enough to let me take the js pformance test at his shop last night. and as nervous as i was it went well:D now i just have to get 2 more knives ready for june:eek:testresult.jpg

bendtest.jpg

ropetest.jpg

I joined the ABS in Feb, will be 3 years till I can test for journeyman

I am lucky in the fact I'm already forging damascus and have a background in metal

great job!!

{Mike stands and aplods}

Mike

Dave congratulations on passing the performance test. Can you give us some info on the knife.

Thanks Bob

Nice job! I know just what you are going through, I got my JS last June. Try not to overheat your brain between now and then.

Geoff

Geoff it's to late it is already over heating i have 3 done should get the forth done this weekend .

Bob the knife is 5160 edge quenched ns guard and g10 handle

Hi David!!!

Congratulation on your succes!!

But with a blade bent like that, you can forget about cutting 12 bottles!!! ;)

Good job!!

Antoine

Hi Antoine

long time no see . no this one won't do 12 but i still have one that does :rolleyes: are you going to have a hammer-in this year ?

Hi Antoine

long time no see . no this one won't do 12 but i still have one that does :rolleyes: are you going to have a hammer-in this year ?

I'm trying to organize something middle/end of June....

I'll keep you informed, would you be able to attend? We all loved the hawk demo...

Antoine

I'm trying to organize something middle/end of June....

I'll keep you informed, would you be able to attend? We all loved the hawk demo...

Antoine

sounds good to me end of june is better do you want me to do a demo ? or need any help give me a call