Photo Gallery of the 2008 Hammerin at Bushfireforge, London (Owen Bush)

DGentile

Ok guys,

here's the link to the gallery showing all the good photos I've taken at the hammerin...

In total I've shot close to 800 photos at this damn fine event - these are the selected 140 (roughly).

I encourage you to add comments too...

http://www.dgentile.com/gallery/4632636_ti...273423724_nkARP

or if you want to get to a beautiful full screen (automatically scaled to your screen size) slideshow:

http://www.dgentile.com/photos/swfpopup.mg...;AlbumKey=ti75E

and for those who want to see the cutting competition photos there's a separate gallery:

http://www.dgentile.com/gallery/4633353_CH...273466040_K5HTr

a quick word about copyright and such stuff...

You are free to download the photos of the hammerin, host them on your own website, print them out, give them to friends and family or customers (if you want to do so ;) ) - the only thing I ask of you in return is to credit myself (Daniel Gentile) as a photographer and if you use them in a digital form (E-Mail, Website, Blog,...) include a link to my Website (http://www.ferrumdg.com) or at least my photography website (http://www.dgentile.com)

Also I host my photos with SmugMug (I can fully recommend smugmug btw...) - you can cheaply order prints of any photo I've got in these galleries and have them sent to you at the chosen size.

Another thing - I've taken many close portraits - if someone feels uncomfortable with his photo and would prefer to have it removed e-mail me.

Also if someone likes his portrait shot so much as that he wants to use it on his website or documents - no problem as long as you include propper credits and a link.

-----

now here are a few selected small "previews" of what you can find in these galleries

273423724_nkARP-S.jpg

273423656_RELuX-S.jpg

273423091_DG9RB-S.jpg

273421497_LRQHG-S.jpg

273418053_yCUVB-S.jpg

----

and last but absolutely not least:

THANK YOU - THANK YOU ALL for this world class event. The organisator (Owen), The Tutors (Don, Peter, Jake, Hector) and of course all fellow bladesmiths who attended the event and made this weekend into something I'll remember for a long time. I was glad I could make it over to england from Switzerland for this event. it was truly amazing. It was very hearty to meet old friends again and make a few new ones too!

FERRUM - Daniel Gentile

custom knives & forging classes

http://www.ferrum-d.com

thanks a lot to share these pics with us, Daniel !

hei Dan,beautiful picture for beautiful days,thank you for picture, thank at all ,great peoples,great Don and jack,but dont forget peter johnson ,a good man and all other ,grace for the food and owen for host all ,a great work,is been a great event i hope that the event repeat again.and see this bautiful people again.ciao if you come in italy send me a e mail.ciao

Thanks for the wine ZeZe, it was nice to meet you. The hammerin was a gathering of friends from the forum and it was wonderful to meet in the physical world. It has helped to strenghten the community we are creating. Thank you Daniel for documenting it all. You have great energy.

Don Fogg

hei Dan,beautiful picture for beautiful days,thank you for picture, thank at all ,great peoples,great Don and jack,but dont forget peter johnson ,a good man and all other ,grace for the food and owen for host all ,a great work,is been a great event i hope that the event repeat again.and see this bautiful people again.ciao if you come in italy send me a e mail.ciao

Paulo,

Sorry that my italian wasn't any good ;) (it's a shame, after all I'm italian)... however next time I'll visit friends or family in italy I'll come and say hallo if you don't mind.

Daniel

FERRUM - Daniel Gentile

Thanks for the wine ZeZe, it was nice to meet you. The hammerin was a gathering of friends from the forum and it was wonderful to meet in the physical world. It has helped to strenghten the community we are creating. Thank you Daniel for documenting it all. You have great energy.

It was my pleasure to have so many willing photography-subjects ;) usually it's a tad harder to get so many good portrait shots, but bladesmiths usually don't mind as most know each-other...

it's amazing what good mood there was and no problems - I mean where else can you put together 50 people, fire, dangerous tools, beer (loads of it) and get an amazingly good, friendly and quite funny atmosphere....

especially considering that most bladesmiths are more used to solitary work in their own shops without anyone else around.

it was good to meet you all... I'm looking forward to the next hammerin... I should come to the states one day...

FERRUM - Daniel Gentile

They are great photies Dan.You have rteally captured people .

I eapecially like the fire dancers .

i shall certainly be using some and I'll chuck up a link .

Edited by owen bush

forging soul in to steel

owenbush.co.uk

They are great photies Dan.You have rteally captured people .

I eapecially like the fire dansers .

i shall certainly be using some and I'll chuck up a link .

thank you owen!

I'm glad if my photos find good use here in the community...

yeah, the fire-dancers have been pretty cool... ;) (I think most "outsiders" would say CRAZY...)

FERRUM - Daniel Gentile

thank you owen!

I'm glad if my photos find good use here in the community...

yeah, the fire-dancers have been pretty cool... ;) (I think most "outsiders" would say CRAZY...)

Crazy .....possably ? I have a feeling that in that company crazy might be nearer the norm .

forging soul in to steel

owenbush.co.uk

Great pictures Daniel, looks like it was a prime event for everyone involved! I'll bet the visit to the V&A museum was a real treat too.

Guy Thomas

You lucky bastards! :angry:

Looks like a once-in-a-lifetime experience to me, dagnabbit...

Thanks for the pics, Daniel!

I have a feeling you are right .

forging soul in to steel

owenbush.co.uk

It would be sad it it wasn't going to be repeated. Better not just leave it on a once-in-a-lifetime status.

Excellent photos Daniel.

Grey hair and alopecia are signs of age, not of wisdom...

Rósta að, maðr!

It really was a once in a lifetime experience. you don't have that many opportunities as an adult to establish this calibur of friendship. It trully was an honour. and a great laugh. and a doorway into a new perspective. you're a rockstar Owen Bush.

Boudicca's beard was truly ignited, I believe.

lovely photos Dan. It was a pleasure to meet you. I may use some of them as well, with full credit to you of course. B)

You lucky bastards! :angry:

Looks like a once-in-a-lifetime experience to me, dagnabbit...

Let's hope it's once a year, not once a lifetime.

I have a feeling you are right .

Enough with the negative thoughts already, sounds like you are in depression after the event.

It would be sad it it wasn't going to be repeated. Better not just leave it on a once-in-a-lifetime status.

Sad indeed, let's do it again.

It really was a once in a lifetime experience.

Stop being so negative! :P

not being negative Bob,possably a little emotional though .

I was being specific ,"that" event will certainly never happen again .I am fairly certain there will be others though.

forging soul in to steel

owenbush.co.uk

Thanks for the pictures - this looks like it was a fun event.

Dan, thank you for sharing your great photos!

Looking through them it is evident how rich an even this was. Great things happening at many places at once.

I recognize a few of the highlights that I had the opportunity to be part of.

After a few days at home, my head have hardly stopped spinning. The experience is still at work with the transformation of mind and soul. New friendships made, new knowledge learned and new paths to follow.

Every day is a lifetime experience ;) I had the chance to hang around for 4 days... and it was great !

I came back with new energy and the head full of projects. Now I have to think about it for a while and I'll show the results.

Hope to see you again soon, somewhere, someday :lol:

I wish now that i'd attended ='[

I'll catch the next one, instead.

I had a strange thought the other day.

If I were locked in a room with a copy of myself, i wouldn't like me very much.

I wish now that i'd attended ='[

I'll catch the next one, instead.

Fie on thee!!! You were there in England and didn't attend? <_< I know how those things go... :lol:

(edited to add that I know how those things go since Batson's Hammer-In is this coming weekend and I'm not able to attend, I really wanted to see Don and others, especially meet Alan, such is life I suppose...)

Edited by Guy Thomas

Guy Thomas

hei dan thank you for the photo, beautiful!!!!! i saw more time and i hope to meet all the guy's again .i consider me lucky because i have the opportunity to know you , tacol ,peter,robert ,grace ,all.......great!! ciao mighty owen