All-purpose procrastination thread!

Nick Steele

I've got coursework due in for tomorrow. One piece is done, and done pretty well. I've not even started the other piece, and don't have the resources to.

Time to kick back and relax! 'Cos there really IS nothing i can do 'til i get those results...

What're you actively avoiding doing at the moment?

I had a strange thought the other day.

If I were locked in a room with a copy of myself, i wouldn't like me very much.

Making an anvil stand for my Chuck Robinson anvil because it works well just sitting on the stump next to my old anvil.... Trying to avoid much right now because I have a self inflicted cranial beer trauma from celebrating my birthday last night (also birthday party night for a couple of friends also.)

Making an anvil stand for my Chuck Robinson anvil because it works well just sitting on the stump next to my old anvil.... Trying to avoid much right now because I have a self inflicted cranial beer trauma from celebrating my birthday last night (also birthday party night for a couple of friends also.)

Oh dear....

'S mine in a few days, too.

I had a strange thought the other day.

If I were locked in a room with a copy of myself, i wouldn't like me very much.

Working a chunk of 1"x1 1/4" covered wagon axle down to 1/4" for a frontier style knife. This is the first time in almost six weeks I have had the forge going. I think my fire mojo is comming back.

Everything I need to know I learned from the people trapped in my basement.

I'm out of my mind but feel free to leave a message.

I'm specifically looking for something to do besides entering my kitchen and beginning cleanup on the wreck that my week-long houseguest left in it. And it's too hot to be out in my forging area, which is uncovered in the Florida sun.

MacGyver is my patron saint.

"There's nothing in the universe cold steel won't cut." -Conan of Cimmeria-

I have two papers to write, a presentation to do up, some research to do for a debate, and I am enjoying my first day as a 21 year old :D I think I'm going to go buy some beer and procrastinate some more ;)

Bob O

"When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints."

My Website

Congrats Bob!

I'm writing final essays and getting ready for finals or thats what i am supposed to be doing in reality i slacked off over the weekend to go to Nice France and then to Zürich to visit Daniel Gentiles shop for half a day... Living abroad does have its advantages dispite the fact that is only the second time i have worked since i got here.

~~DJ

Thanks alot fellas,,, I was seriously considering blowing off work and prepping my truck to put it on the market when I decided to check my schedule online (work) and saw that I am scheduled to spend two hours (@40/hour to my boss) on a confocal fluorescent microscope in 1 1/2 hours from now. Jeez,,, what kinda friends are you? thanks a bunch,,, so I guess I'm putting off putting off,,,,

jm

Blade

The blade, elegant
Slicing through the sweet, warm breeze
with a precise hit.

Sam Wands (10 years old)

Gold for the merchant, silver for the maid;
Copper for the craftsman, cunning at their trade.
Good! Laughed the baron, sitting in his hall;
But steel---cold steel---shall be master of them all!

Cheers to everyone. I'll have one for all that aren't.

Bob O

"When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who haze me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints."

My Website

• 3 months later...

Procrastinators of the world UNITE ..... tomorrow :ph34r:

Bob O

My Website

Can we make that decision later?

Bob O

My Website

• 5 months later...

ive continuing to put off the completion of my stupid website.

ive got sooooo much that i need to get done to get moved out of home and into another home..

and it seems like im the only one who can do it because im so picky about where everything goes :)

and yet when i tell people that the forge will be back up and running in a little while .. first thing they say is

"better get your website back up then, huh?"

^_^

deeDWF4.jpg

Anyone want to go stick this 18" marble tile on the wall for me?

Tomorrow maybe, or some other time ;)

I'm on my winter break, so I've not been doing much metalworking for a few months now. But I have visited the depot of the National Museum of Antiquities in the Netherlands today, and handled some of the oldest swords of my country from the early bronze age (roughly 1600BC). Also got a glance at some early medieval swords, a great sax etc. So that made my day/week/month/year :)

Jeroen Zuiderwijk

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/barbarianmetalworking

Tomorrow maybe, or some other time ;)

I'm on my winter break, so I've not been doing much metalworking for a few months now. But I have visited the depot of the National Museum of Antiquities in the Netherlands today, and handled some of the oldest swords of my country from the early bronze age (roughly 1600BC). Also got a glance at some early medieval swords, a great sax etc. So that made my day/week/month/year :)

I have a 4,000 watt generator that needs to be tuned and put back on it's feet. The power has been out three times, and I prefer spending my time staying warm next to the forge. Candle make for perfect lighting in the house, and the wood stove keeps things nicely warmed.

Clay Walker

Ragnarok Forge

When your a Bladesmith, Stupid Hurts

This isn;t exactly rated "G", but it's a useful saying that has served me well over the years.

Years ago, one of my college professors told me this. "Procrastination is like masturbation. It feels real good at first, but in the end you realize that you're just f****** yourself."

I think the old chap hit the nail on the head

Have you ever thought about the life of steel? It's interesting to think that you can control the fate of a piece of metal.

This isn;t exactly rated "G", but it's a useful saying that has served me well over the years.

Years ago, one of my college professors told me this. "Procrastination is like masturbation. It feels real good at first, but in the end you realize that you're just f****** yourself."

I think the old chap hit the nail on the head

heard something like that.

"procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself."

jared Z.

lilzee on britishblades.

From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.

-Sir Winston Churchill