biting the hand that feeds you!

not for the weak of stomach

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Al Massey

Al Massey
  • Members
  • 923 posts
  • Interests:Swords of all kinds, damascus steel (all kinds), fencing, redheads, fiddle music both listening and playing, good Chinese food, pretty Chinese waitresses, Martial arts flicks so bad they're funny, redheads, really bad horror flicks, home-brewed beer and wine, and Futurama. (did I mention redheads?)

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:37 AM

I'm starting to think mitre saws have an aggressive personality, or a thirst for blood!  That sounds like a "go inside and change your underwear" kind of experience .

I have a new respect for my saw.

Yeah, that's a "bring my brown trousers" time there. When I had a nasty surprise using a hi-temp salt rig, and I did not have to change, I became convinced I'm too stupid, too slow or both to be scared s***less, as the expression goes. 

#22 Hoy's Forge

Hoy's Forge
  • Members
  • 617 posts
  • Interests:Preaching, Gospel Bluegrass & Celtic Music ,military history , bladesmithing , knife making ,Leatherwork, muzzeloading and every art form that can be possibly connected to the above , and some that ain't www.hoy'sforge.com

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:36 PM

well I go for my final Dr. visit  this week  ( wouldn't that be great) the final one in reference to my hand that is! As of now the only function Im missing is  my  last thumb joint will not curl in all the way.  I have not found  it hindering to any bladesmithing thing. But peeling the foil off the honey mustard at Chic fillet  is difficult. and freting  a bass not in a "F" or "D" chord is no longer an option. I am no longer  freaking out teeny boppers in drive thru windows when I hand them my cash !  When my last scabby vestages are gone I will post a new  pic. to end this sad thread. thanks to everyone for their concern and advice.

www.hoyfamily.net

Isa 54:16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy. Lu 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Mr 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

#23 Hoy's Forge

Hoy's Forge
  • Members
  • 617 posts
  • Interests:Preaching, Gospel Bluegrass & Celtic Music ,military history , bladesmithing , knife making ,Leatherwork, muzzeloading and every art form that can be possibly connected to the above , and some that ain't www.hoy'sforge.com

Posted 21 May 2016 - 10:15 PM

well for those who were curious here's the finish .

Attached Images

• DSC06504.JPG

www.hoyfamily.net

Isa 54:16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy. Lu 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Mr 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users